V: Traitor

Bella stormed out of the kitchen and Jeremiah and I quickly followed, not bothering to hang around to see whatever our parents' excuse was. Regardless of the circumstance, having a kid taken away from you is evil, especially if you didn't deserve it. I could understand my mom's concern in the beginning, but going as far as to call the police was completely out of line. I couldn't believe she actually did that.

This extremely harsh grudge that Jeremiah and I have been clowning Bella for holding so long is now making sense, and it's valid. I don't know if I'd speak to our mom either had she done something like that to me.

God, I'm so glad I don't have kids. Too many risks.

"Bella, wait! Damn you're fast." I frowned as she bolted through the back doors and out to the garden. I tried to speed up but this bitch was faster than Usain Bolt. She's a runner she's a track star.

Jeremiah ran ahead of me, and at that point I decided to give it up and start walking. I don't even know why I tried running in the first place, it's not like she was going anywhere. You could only access the backyard through the house, which meant she'd have to run back inside to reach her car, and that wasn't happening. If Bella left now, who the hell knows when we'd see her again?

"How are y'all this damn fast? I thought speed decreased with age," I panted once I finally reached Bella and Jeremiah. They were sitting on the bench in the gazebo, and Jeremiah had his arms wrapped tightly around Bella's shoulders. I had to get a closer look to realize that she was crying.

"Awe, B. Don't cry." I pouted as I sat beside her. It was so sad seeing her this sad. I don't even remember the last time I saw Bella cry.

"I'm fine." Bella muttered after a few seconds and pushed Jeremiah off of her. She moved from her spot between us and stood at the opening, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm about to go. Will one of you tell Luca to meet me at the car?" She asked casually, as if nothing had happened.

Jeremiah and I shared a glance, before simultaneously shaking our heads.

"Bitch, sit down." I said while pointing to Bella's previous spot. "No, you are not leaving. For two reasons, actually: one, you shouldn't be on the road this late and when you're this upset, and two, we need to talk about what just happened. Why the hell didn't you tell us about this?"

"It doesn't matter." Bella said flatly. "And yes, I am leaving. I'm grown, do you really think I'm about to listen to you?"

She dropped her arms and began walking away, which meant I had to act on instinct and not logic, because time was of the essence. So, I quickly stood up before launching myself onto Bella's back. It only took half a second and we were tumbling onto the wet grass. Ew, why was it wet?

"Blue! What the fuck?!" Bella yelled and attempted to swing at me, but I blocked her hit and threw myself over her front half to hold her down. "Get off of me, you psycho!"

"No! We have to talk!" I yelled back. I could feel the water molecules on the grass soaking through my pants and grimaced. I couldn't believe I risking my vintage Levi's for this bitch. "Struggling will only make it worse!" I warned after feeling Bella's attempts to punch my thighs. I wisely had her arms blocked beneath me, so she wasn't doing much.

"Guys, seriously?" Jeremiah sighed from above us. "Blue, get off of her. We can talk like adults— face to face. Not whatever this is." He added. "You're worse than my kids."

I rolled my eyes and felt Bella sigh. "Shut up." We both said.

"Well then." Jeremiah mumbled.

Bella decided to resort to aggression and very rudely kneed me in the pelvis, causing me to loosen up enough for her to throw me off. I shouted ser wrap expletives as I blindly reached out and grabbed her hair, yanking her ass right back down.