Chapter Three

Kehlani Catalina Taylor

I don't remember falling asleep but it was some time after 6am, them niggas was up until then playing the game or doing God knows what. My AirPods help with keeping their noise to a minimum but eventually my ears started to hurt from laying down with them in so I took them out and tried to just drown it out.

It's now 10:15 and I was making me an iced coffee before my first client came. I had about 15 minutes before she gets here and I'd have to go let her in the building so I was eating right now. My day is going to be a little busy so I needed to get the energy I missed from lack of sleep.

I already had my new station and equipment sanitized, I set up my ring light over both my nail station and lash table so I don't have to do anything when the clients get here. The first two clients I had were both looking to get their nails and lashes done so they were going to take up most of my day which I didn't mind since it meant more money for me.

At 10:27 I get a text from the first client saying she was waiting for me outside in her car. I sent a quick text telling her I was on my way down.

I slip on a pair of plain black sweatpants over my shorts from last night, I had on a long sleeve crop top after taking off my hoodie because I was hot last night. My bonnet is back off and the wig I had installed is still laid to perfection so I looked the perfect amount of chill and put together for my clients.

When I step out of the building I see a black Nissan running with a girl in the driver seat while a man is bent over, they seem to be having a conversation and as I get closer I realize it's Polo since half of his dreads are in a ponytail.

"Lemme get your number. You can slide through and see me some time." I hear him spitting game to her as I get to the front of the car. I roll my eyes a little but stay off to the side. She gives him back his phone then turns to me smiling.

"Hey, you're Kehlani right?" She asks making me nod with a smile on my face.

"Yes that's  me. We can head up when you're ready." I tell her making her turn her car off. Polo opens her door for her to get out.

I watch as she blushes at him then waves before walking over to me. He waved back but I don't see anything else as I turned around.

"Damn.." I hear him mumble as I hold the door to the apartment building open for her to walk inside. I shake my head at him and flick him off before leading her inside towards my apartment.

"Girl you should've said you live with Polo G, I came looked busted and shit." Emily, my client, laughs when we get inside.

I raise an eyebrow curiously, I had to play this right so I didn't sound dumb or rude. I genuinely had no idea who these niggas were but I did realize their the same ones from the airport yesterday.

"Who is that? I'm not from down here." I ask her leading the way to my stupid.

I turn on the lights to reveal the green and gold decor of the room, I lead her to the chair for her at my nail desk then walk around. I put on my apron with my name across the chest then sit down with her.

"Really ? You don't know Polo G?" She asks as she holds out her hands to me. I shake my head no as I examine her nails. "He's a rapper from Chicago. Fine as hell as you can see. He has been rapping for a little while kinda new. I heard he moved down here to work with Lil Durk and King Von on a new album." Emily tells me as I go to Apple Music and play music on the speaker that I have in here.

I listen to her then realize Lil Durk and King Von must be the ones that were upstairs last night, I keep this little piece of information to myself.