Chapter 7

Later that night, Tara was in Thomas's room when Jax walked in. After a few words someone knocked on the door.

Tara was under arrest. As Roosevelt escorted her out of the house Lacey woke up and heard Thomas crying. She stepped out of her room and saw her littlest brother crying in her fathers arms with Gemma standing behind him. Silent tears slipped down the little girls face as she went back to lay down.

The next morning Jax walked into the kitchen with Thomas in his arms. Gemma was standing making breakfast and Happy was sitting with Abel and Lacey across from him at the table. Abel was shoving the pancake slices in his mouth and laughing and smiling with Happy. Lacey was picking at her barely eaten pancake.

"Lacey, what's wrong?" The little girl's bright blue eyes snapped to Jax as he spoke.

"Why did that man take mommy with him?" Jax's breath hitched in his throat, not knowing how to explain what had happened to the 9 year old.

"Mommy had to go away for a while. She'll be back soon okay?" Before she could answer Gemma interuppted. "Time for school."

Lacey jumped down from the table and ran to her room.

Jax sat down and held his head in his hands, taking a deep breath before dragging his hands roughly down his face.

He didn't know what to do anymore.