ONE

ruby stood alone in the bathroom of the underground club she was in. she brought her nose to the cold tile behind the toilet she was kneeling on to inhale her last bump of her favourite white powder.

she quickly snorted the drug that she enjoyed thoroughly, her senses heightening and her pupils dilating. she kicked open the stall door and walked out of the small and grimy cubicle she was in, wiping her nose in case of any left over residue.

she felt the music throughout her body as she left the bathroom, bumping into a group of girls in sickeningly bright mini-dresses, entering the dark warehouse like room strobe lights shining, smoke in the air, she was in her element.

she made her way into the crowd, dodging overflowing cups, filled with all kinds of alcohol that she was yearning to get a grip on. she pushed through the crowd to get to the bar. the bar was ran by an older man who'd come to be a friend of hers despite his pervy comments from time to time.

"ahh there she is" david, the man behind the bar, started, eyes darting over her body, "star of the show"

"hi david, pour me a drink would you" she spoke, eyeing up potential pulls for the night. david just nodded used to her demanding nature by now, pouring her vodka and coke.

no one in particular stood out to ruby that night, so after dancing for almost two and a half hours, not feeling the time pass due to the excessive amount of cocaine in her system, she left the club, her mouth dry and hands shaking.

she walked for awhile, trying to wear herself out enough to be ready to go home, ending up in a part of bristol she wasn't accustomed to going to regularly. noticing the poshness of the area she assumed that was why, not feeling as comfortable due to her poorer social class.

she walked to the middle of a bridge facing the water, ignoring the man shouting out trying to sell her some shitty magazine. she pulled her tobacco pouch out of her bra and started rolling herself up a cigarette, very much ready to smoke it.

she went into the pocket of her low waisted jeans expecting to find a lighter and maybe a few filters but groaned when there was a lack of the former, she seemingly patted herself down, criticising herself for losing such a significant item to her.

she twisted her body to face inwards of the bridge and groaned as she realised that there were only three potential lighter sharers, one; a couple giggling to each other as they walked past her, two; the blonde man selling the shitty magazines on one end of the bridge or, three; a boy who looked her age just coming onto the bridge on the opposite end. she went for the third because he wasn't bad looking and looked the most approachable.

"oi, you got a lighter" tony heard from the red-headed girl he'd noticed as soon as he got to the bridge. he definitely thought she was attractive and would definitely sleep with her if he had the chance.

"yeah," the posh looking boy ruby had asked started, his lips quirking up into a smirk as his hands went into his pockets, "but what are you willing to do for it?"

ruby grimaced, who did this arrogant twat think he was, "you know what, it's fine don't worry about it" she muttered before turning back around to face the water.

"aww come on, i was joking" he spoke sarcastically as he walked towards her, pulling out a lighter and offering it to her. she lit her rolled cigarette and gave it back to him, expecting him to leave. he didn't though.

"whatever" she mumbled, inhaling the smoke, her chest slightly burning the way she loved before turning to face him, a small smirk on her face.

"i'd have given you head" she said, confidently, her lips darting across her top row of teeth.

"what?" tony asked, slightly shocked by her abrupt nature.

"for the lighter" she started, intently watching his face as she inhaled again, "i'd have given you head, but you didn't try hard enough"

"oh, what a shame" tony spoke almost sarcastically, "who are you then?" he asked, thinking he'd recognise someone as attractive as her.

"that's for you to find out ent it"

"that's not fair, i'll tell you who i am" he bargained, enticed by the artificial red head who was smoking beside him.

"fine then, come with me." she said, flicking the roll up into the water and grabbing his hand, pulling him with her.

a/n

very fucking short but idk, hope you enjoyed, also, sorry for the wait, just trying to make it good.