chapter twenty-seven ; goodbye to a world

(a/n: so uh, this is a pretty long and emotional chapter! grab your tissues, and enjoy this one^^)

-

your pov:
"NOOOOO, Y/N!" the voices of your friends whined as they heard the news you broke to them. this also resulted in them pulling you into a big group hug: nea, meg and yui, to be exact.

"I'm still in disbelief with how you got the entity to be pretty much done with your shit that it's letting you go." said yui, which caused you to laugh.

"well, too much of an emotion can also be too much for an anomalous entity, yui." you smiled at her, but it faded the moment you saw her sniffle.

yui was always emotional, especially in the littlest of gatherings. she was always one to speak everything about herself and made sure to educate everyone on what they needed to know. in the end, everyone knew and deemed yui as a caring and loving character.

"aww yui," you quickly pulled the taller woman into a hug, "don't you worry about me. you know I'll still have a part of me lingering around in here."

"that wouldn't be the same," nea said, "because we would just miss you entirely."

you chuckled, holding both of their hands together. "a journalist always leaves their signature," you spoke, "so there would technically still be a piece of me remaining in this world."

the artist tapped your shoulder, getting your attention. "was it really difficult to have a sense of the entity in your own body?" she asked as you nodded slowly.

"uh-huh, and very confusing as well," you explained, "it was like I almost forgot who I was the more I thought about it."

"did it hurt?" the motorcyclist asked next.

"not that I could recall in a mental way, just physically." you replied instantly.

"did it confuse you with what to feel or what to say?"

"did it try to mutate your body?!"

"oh sweet Christ," you placed one of both your hands on both their mouths, "you guys are just trying to terrify yourselves even more!"

yui sighed and took your hand away from her mouth gently. "we are just worried about you y/n," she admitted,
"and plus, the entity is the entity. it's kind of unusual to see it make such a promise to not stalk you in your true life ever again."

nea nodded in agreement. "the entity isn't exactly something you should trust," she spoke, rubbing her hand on your shoulder, "so if anything happens, we will do our best to find you and help you. okay?"

you happily nodded, filled with gladness: knowing you still had someone to trust even though the many bad things you've done to them, it was strange, but relieving.

"thank you, girls," you expressed thankfulness, "I really.. really should find a way to repay the both of you."

yui shook her head and patted your head, causing you to smile just a little bit more. "the only way you'll have to repay us is if you keep yourself safe out there. for us."

you nodded, placing your hand over your chest (where your heart was) as you smiled. "I promise." you obliged.

after a little more talking with them, time flew by swiftly until the both of them were pulled into a trial together; you didn't mind, no matter how saddened you were to see them go.

you waved at them one last time until they disappeared along with the fog.

"now, who else?" you thought for a little bit to yourself as your curiosity got back to you once again; it was an amazing feeling. after a few moments that felt like minutes, you finally got a good set on who to talk to.