Chapter three. ((edited))

"Okay, so cut to the chase." Everyone looked at Irene. Even her parents was intimidated by her.

"Simply, you and Miss... What did you say your name was again, sweetie?" Mr. Bae said, pointing to her, waiting for her response. "Seulgi. Kang Seulgi." He then snapped his fingers at her.

"Right, Seulgi! So, you Irene, is marrying Seulgi here to save their business. Isn't that a win-win?" Her father said, but Irene lacked interest in marriage especially with a woman a total opposite of her.

Irene turned to her father. "How is that a win-win, dad? They're the ones who need something from us, so why again would they need me to marry her? What's my advantage?" Then Irene turned to me with disbelief and disgust plastered on her face.

"You get to marry a sweet woman." Irene scoffed. As if. She thought.

But little did she know, Seulgi was very sweet indeed. Towards her parents, but when it comes to relationships, she wasn't sure if she was. She never experienced one.

~~

Seulgi and her dad was about to leave. And the Bae couple guided them their way out.

Irene sat back, threw her arms on the couch backrest and just looked at Seulgi.

"Marry me and you'll surely know what hell is like." She muttered. Seulgi was unsure if she heard it, but she wanted to make sure. She turned to see Irene smirking at her.

Irene hated the idea of love, babies and marriage. She wanted to be alone, to grow alone by herself.

The Kang duo left the place with two smiling parents and a glaring Irene.

Just hoping she won't come back for the second time around. She thought.

~~

Seulgi threw herself on the bed. Her mom was then there, too. Sitting on her bed. "So, how did it go, princess?"

Seulgi face was on the cushion, so her words weren't coherent. "Not fine."

"What?"

Seulgi shot up, took a deep breath and slouched. "It didn't go well, Mom. That Joohyun hates me." She then buried her face on her mother's neck. She acted like a baby because she was treated like one, but Mama Kang liked to 'baby' her.

Then Seulgi laid down on her chest, her face was on the cushion again and she grunted.

She needed to help her father, but can she if her soon-to-be 'wife' wasn't even interested in the very least?

Papa Kang bursted in the room with a sad face.

"Too bad, Princess, that they demanded for you to start living there tomorrow." Her father pouted like a child which earned a slap from Mama Kang.

"Tomorrow?!" Seulgi's eyes widened. That meant, hell was starting the following day.

Papa Kang nodded and she just sighed. If it weren't for her parents, she wouldn't have done this.

Mama and Papa Kang teased her to tuck her in one last time before she becomes an engaged woman. She laughed at it. "I'll always be your baby." She remarked.

The two left, giving her space to pack her things. Seulgi only studied business for two years. Which was why she came back to their house because her parents kept missing her for being in college.

Seulgi grabbed her luggage and started to take clothes from her walk-in closet. She would just usually bring her jammies, shorts, trousers, shirts and tank tops.

She even put in a frame of her and her parents. That way, she could put the frame on the nightstand next to her bed where she'll be sleeping.

She then started to put in her painting materials and journal. So that when she'd get bored, she will have something to do. She even packed some of her favorite mini bear toys. She liked to look at them and hold them whenever she'd get sad. She received it from a late friend who died from a lung disease.

As soon as she finished packing, she prepared her clothes to wear for tomorrow. After that she dozed off.

~~

She saw brightness peeking through her eye mask. When she took it off, she saw her mother opened the curtain in her bedroom window.

"Rise and shine, Princess." Her eyes adjusted on her mother because the bright light behind her hindered her vision.

She smiled. "Why up so early, Mom?"

She sat next to Seulgi and gave her a small hug. "I'm truly going to miss you, my Princess." Her mother started tearing up so she looked up, attempting to stop her tears from falling.

Seulgi caressed her mother's cheeks then she wiped off the tears using her thumb. "Mom, I'm not going to disappear. It's not like I'm off to Mars or something." She joked to cheer her teary-eyed mother but she received a playful slap.

"I'm just going to miss giving you milk every night and give you foot massages."

Seulgi was teary-eyed, too. She was touched by her mother's words.

"If there's anything, anything you need. We're one call away."

"I will, Mom." Then her mom kissed her forehead.