chapter 28 (doggie)

I arrived at the spot Grum picked out for this battle and pulled my weapon when he steeped out of the shadows.
"So you did come alone?" Grum growled. He nodded to some one behind me and three more Trobians appeared and grabbed me from behind and pulled me towards him. Grums sword was out and read to hit a deadly blow. I tried to escape my captures but I knew I wouldn't be able to in time. I should have listened to Madison. Madison was the only thing I could think about as Grum raised his sword. Then without warning, Grum was shot with a high powered laser gun. We all turned to see a black ranger with the rest of the team. "Not today Grum!" Madison said as she kicked him with enough force to send Grum staggering. Grum gave in and called for a protal and turned to me as I was standing up after being released as the team surounded me.
"This isn't over doggie!" He said as he walked through the protal. Every one on the team but Madison came up to me and asked if I was okay. I looked for Madison, but I didn't find her. Did she leave for the base alone? When we arrived at base Kat gave me a lecture on how much of a stubborn old dog I was. "Where is Madison?" I asked and Kat gave me a disappointed look.
" She has decided to live off base."
"What?" I said shocked and hurt. Then I realized what she said to me before I left. Oh no, what have I done? I thought that getting some distance between us would help protect her, but all it did was push her away. Now I don't know if I can even fix this, but I have to try.
"Kat send me Madison's location" I said as I walked out the door.
"What are you going to do Doggie?" Kat asked her,  tone knowing.
"Going to make this right."I said as I left the command room and to a spd car and drove to Madison's last known location.