Chapter 69: The Horcrux in Harry ☾

A/N: Its an Update :)

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"Alright, everyone, who has ever heard of an inferi?" Sirius asked, leaning against his desk.

Draco raised his hand straight in the air. "Oh, oh."

"You, monkey number one."

"Well," Draco scowled, humphing,"an inferi is a corpse that still acts like a human."

"Like a zombie?" Finnegan asked.

The Slytherins all turned and stared. Zambini quirked his brow. "What's that?"

The Irish boy reddened. "Uhm, it's some mudblood term."

"Detention, Mr. Finnegan," Sirius said, popping up from his spot. "That is not a term to be used in polite company." He pointed to a raised hand. "Yes, Miss Abbott?"

"Wait? He's getting a detention for that? Isn't that usually just a point deduction?" Hannah asked, her forehead creased.

Sirius blushed. "I'm tired of hearing that awful term. Points don't seem to be a deterrent anymore. They just get them back in potions." He scowled. "Besides, you're in Hufflepuff. What do you care?"

"Well, it's not fair…"

"Life's not fair," Sirius said. "You might as well get used to it."

"Exactly," Harry smiled. "If life was fair, you wouldn't have to teach a lesson on the thing that killed your brother."

"Wait, Remus killed my brother?" Sirius whipped around and stomped up the stairs. "Moony, you promised you wouldn't."

"That was last week's lesson, Padfoot." Remus voice sounded from upstairs. "I do believe he was referring to the current topic."

Meanwhile, Severus was sitting in the back of the class, softly banging his head on the desk. He started when he felt a hand petting his back.

"Miss Lovegood, what are you doing in this class?" Severus asked, brow furrowing in concern.

Luna shrugged. "I have a free period, and I wouldn't want to miss out on catching this episode of 'As the Wizard Turns'."

Severus pinched the bridge of his nose. Not deeming the comment worthy of response, he turned back to the lesson.

"So, how does one fight an inferi? It's not like they're going to die more," Sirius said as he descended the stairs.

Pansy raised her hand. "Professor Black, aren't you going to be a dad soon? Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Enough with the questions about my personal life," Sirius said, huffing.

"Why?"

"Because if I answer one more question, Professor Snape and Professor Moony will lock me in a room with Professor Binns lecturing on the proper professional relationship protocol between teachers and students." Sirius turned and picked up a piece of chalk. "Back to the matter at hand: how do you destroy an inferi?"

Harry raised his hand. "Well, inferi don't like fire or light. What I don't get is why Kreacher didn't know that. He could have easily magicked Regulus away after repelling the corpses."

"Harry," Hermione said, turning to her friend, "enough with the obsessive need to talk about Regulus."

"But he was so misunderstood."

"And what does this have to do with the lesson?"

Harry puffed out his lip. "He was a hero."

Sirius slammed the chalk down onto the ledge of the board. "Alright, that's enough. Silencio." Draco opened his mouth to say something, but no sound came out. Zabini's mouth started bobbing, his eyes blazing, but not a word was spoken. "I have had it up to here with your nonsense. Do you realize this is the only class that acts this way? I have had second years who successfully captured pixies. I have had third years hold a strong protego against a cutting curse. I have had fourth years successfully master an expelliarmus charm. How is it I can't go two seconds in this class without one of you derailing the conversation with inane chatter?" Several moments of silence followed. Sirius was sure they were feeling contrite, refusing to look him in the eye, but their lack of response grated on his nerves.