We can't, you know we can't

This chapter is quite short and probably a little boring but I feel it's important for the storyline. So anyway enjoy! and thanks for almost 50 reads!!! so cool!

-------------------------------------------------

Even though Betty and Jughead were growing closer and closer, learning more about each other Betty felt she wanted more. She wanted a relationship, a real one. She wanted to be Jughead's girlfriend. The thought of him saying yes and finally opening up to their friends about their relationship and releasing the feeling of guilt she constantly carried made her warm and happy. But still in the back of her head she was scared Jughead didn't want the same. That he would say he didn't feel the same. Betty tried pushing the thought down whenever it resurfaced but nonetheless the thought still haunted her. Just as she was laying in bed watching The Office the thought reappeared, stronger than ever. Betty was overwhelmed with a familiar fuzzy feeling as she saw how happy Jim and Pam were together.

She decided against her previous decision not to tell Jughead about how she was feeling and picked up her phone.

"Can you come over?" she sent away a text to Jughead. Seconds later dots appeared.

"I'm actually on my way, haha" Jughead answered cheerfully.

Jughead's cheer made Betty feel unsettled, she didn't know if what they had was going to be destroyed by her telling him what was on her mind. Jughead showed up at their house and hung out with Archie in the basement.

He told Archie he was going to get a soda as he made his way towards the stairs "We have sodas here," Archie said, pointing to the basement fridge.

"Nah it's ok gotta use the bathroom too" Jughead responded, it was only an excuse to slip up to Betty.

When he entered the room he gave Betty a smile and made his way over to her. Just as he leaned in to kiss her she interrupted him.

"I wanna tell people" Betty said shyly thinking she should just get it over with.

"What? You want to tell..?"

"Yes I do, I want to be in a relationship with you and I don't want to have to hide it." She responded a little stern.

"But Archie.. Betty we can't, you know we cant"

Betty's heart sank as the words came out of his mouth. He didn't feel the same way.

"Why can't we?" Betty asked, growing angry.

"Because you know Archie would overreact which would not only ruin our friendship but the relationship between you too" Jughead answered feeling guilty having to tell her this. "And you know your mom wouldn't approve and she would end up finding a way to keep us away from each other" Jughead continued thinking about Alice's stern ways that Betty had just become reacquainted with.

"Ugh, ugh you're right" Betty sighed.

"But that doesn't mean I don't want to be with you" Jughead told her, looking into her eyes. "Because I do"

"So I'm not just a booty call?" Betty giggled.

"Of course not!" Jughead responded in a sigh. He kissed her forehead.

"Ok, we won't tell anyone yet, but I want to be your girlfriend" Betty looked back into Jughead's eyes daringly. "Your real girlfriend, so that when someone asks you don't just say 'It's complicated' you say you're taken" Betty continued.

"I think that sounds great" Jughead answered with a smile on his face leaned forwards placing a heated kiss on her lips.

"And" Betty broke away from the kiss "I want to see your place, I've never been".

Jughead smiled again "Of course, I promise" he rested his forehead against hers holding her hand.

A knock broke the silence and instantly Betty and Jughead scooted away from each other.

"Yeah?" Betty asked.

Archie entered "Hey have you se-" he started seeing Jughead sat on her bed. "I was just looking for you, why are you in here?" Archie asked with a frown on his face.

"Oh I just had a question about.." Jughead trailed off not having a single clue of a lie to tell.

"He wanted to use my bathroom" Betty answered, "Yeah moms in the big one"

"Oh" Archie let out "Why didn't you just use my one?" Archie asked, a look of confusion spreading on his face "And if you only went to the bathroom why are you on her bed?.." a look of disgust now blending with his confusion.

"We were just talking" Jughead responded, not wanting to meet Archie's gaze.

"Ok well Im gonna get back to my show" Betty said laying back down on her bed pressing play on her computer.

"What were you talking about?" She heard Archie ask as they left her room.

Jughead was right, Archie would freak if he found out that they were together and the point about Alice couldn't be more correct. She sighed as she shut the computer and threw her head down on the pillow next to her. Ugh why did everything have to be so complicated, she thought to herself.

But then a smile spread over her face. I'm his girlfriend! He's my boyfriend! She thought to herself, in that very moment she couldn't be more happy as she opened her laptop back up to The Office.