Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Frian (platonic, angst)

As requested by @apairofmaracas39 ! Thank you for your support.

TW: mentions of death, depressed feelings. 

Disclaimer: I don't know how Brian and Chrissy's relationship was or how it was with the kids, so I'm making some details up (as always), but it's in no means to disrespect them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1990 

Brian thought he finally had a break, needing some space alone. He didn't really want to distance himself from certain people, but it was becoming hard to socialise. 

Chrissy had been dealing with the kids today, but now she needed a break. It was a lot of back and forth between who takes care of them. 

She came unannounced, handing the toddler to her ex-husband before saying goodbye and leaving. This made the man sigh.

But an intrusive thought came to the guitarist, and it made him hold onto his baby girl tighter. He worried that he would actually lose her and that he was taking advantage of the time.

-

Brian was an over-thinker. A lot.

"Hi, Daddy! I wuv you," Emily said affectionately, expecting more of a response. 

"I love you too." He simply answered, pacing around the house with her in his arms.

"Where we going?" The toddler wondered, noticing he still wasn't acting normal.

-

"Um, I don't know. What about in the car?" Brian suggested, getting an enthusiastic nod.

The two get inside the vehicle and start going, the dad needing  to get out of his house due to the dark place he was in.

"I wanna see Freddie." Emily said bluntly.

Brian looked over his shoulder at his daughter quizzically, it was as if she'd read his mind.

-

"We are going there, I think." The adult said before resuming the drive.

He started to sing a song he'd been writing, something called "Headlong." 

Emily seemed to enjoy her father's singing, though, and she hadn't heard him actually say much for most of the ride.

"I wike your song, Daddy." She simply complimented.

"Thank you, Emmy. I think Freddie might want to sing it for the new album."

--

Finally, though it felt like ages, they arrived at Garden Lodge. As they got out of the car, another idea came to Brian's mind.

"Now, I don't know if we can see him, Freddie might not feel well today. We may have to go somewhere else, right?" Brian asked Emily, who gave a thumbs-up.

It wasn't what the man wanted to say, but it was realistic. Though, nothing felt real lately.

Or, if it did, too real. Brian was pulled out of his thoughts when Emily hit the doorbell.

-

"We tap the doorbells gently, honey." He mentioned as she looked at the ground.

"Hello there, Brian." Jim said with a soft smile, looking a bit tired.

"Hello. May we visit Fred?" Brian asked in a vulnerable tone.

Jim thought for a minute and told them to wait, going upstairs to ask his boyfriend.