𝑖. fantasize

one. fantasize

THE OUTSIDE AREA WAS QUIET

THE OUTSIDE AREA WAS QUIET. MOST OF THE COMMON SOUNDS COMING FROM THE RUSTLING OF TREES.

peter parker stood blandly, his eyes in a direction that any hopeless romantic can spot. his camera was in his right hand, before he lifted it up and quietly took a photo of the sight.

the click! sound that the camera made was an oblivious hearing to mary jane, as her eyes were on her harry potter book, her blonde hair flew slightly from her face. she tucked a strand behind her ear, her attention staying to the harry potter plot.

peter was mesmerized by the girl in front of him. the girl was indeed his crush, if anyone couldn't tell. the girl that always got him out of trouble, the girl that always gave him great hugs in the middle of the hallway, the girl that was his only friend. his best friend.

his stare was dropped down to the concrete as she looked over at him, a smile on her face, soon she closed her book and waved him over. he took in a deep preparation sigh, and jogged to her spot on the outside bench.

he sat next to her, sending her a smile. "hey."

"hey!" mary jane smiled back, her blue eyes staring into his brown ones. her pearly white teeth formed into that upward shape made peter's heart flutter. it became contagious, finding himself smiling after her. "how are you feeling?"

the night before, peter had gotten into a fight with his aunt and uncle, and had lost his cool. he called mary jane that night, and talked on the phone with her for hours at a time. she fell asleep, and he hung up, but not before whispering sweet positivities into the phone's speaker.

"i've been better." peter sighed, fiddling with the camera in his hand, avoiding the subject by pin-pointing it to her. "the debate team did really good yesterday."

mary jane smiled at her friend, crush that she had discovered not too long ago. "so you were there." she stated excitedly, turning her attention away from the old topic. before mary jane could talk about the debate, a loud chant was heard, and a crowd had formed. people from lunch tables were running to see what was going on. mary jane went to get up, walking a short distance before peter stopped her, walking ahead of her.

flash was holding a child that went to the school by his legs and waist, shoving his head into a lunch tray with a plate of spaghetti. flash had seen peter walk up and watch the sight. he bugged peter to take a picture of the scene, but he refused on multiple occasions.

"EUGENE."

the one name that flash hated, his first name.

flash set the boy down with a thud, peter running to help the boy up. he couldn't make it before flash threw a punch in his face, sending him to the hard concrete. mary jane finally joined the group as she watched peter get kicked in the stomach. she took the time to step in after seeing flash was loving all the attention.

"hey flash." mary jane walked up to him, his face went to a figure of worry, as his tutor stood in front of him. "i didn't know hurting others was still in our study list. it's like your making your own plans here."

"i-"

"i'm sure ms. thompson will be very excited to hear about it." mary jane cut flash off, before backing up a little, picking up peter's camera in the process. "maybe if we go to class, i'll decide against it, hm?"

everyone around let out small chuckles, watching flash cower at the commands of the school's valedictorian. he picked up his backpack, walking away after still hearing giggles. the group began to disperse as mary jane helped peter of the ground.

"what's your name." mary jane asked.

peter looked at her confused. "we've been friends for two years, mj. you know my name." peter laughed.

"i'm checking to see if you know your name genius." mary jane laughed with him, his confusion a funny situation. "let's go to class." she took small steps towards the building.

"right behind you." peter assured. she smiled, before walking inside the building.

yup, there's something about her.