Chapter Thirty-Seven

I decided to let it go. Jack selling drugs is his own business. Yeah, he might get hurt, but I can't stop him from doing something that he has already done a number of times.

I sat at home alone, again. That's three times this week. Jack said that he was going out with the boys to have a couple of drinks.

So far, that's true. I told Nash about my suspicions and he told me that he'd hang out with Jack.

"B-bailee, op-pen the door." I heard a pounding fist at the door.

I got up, and walked over to the door. I looked through the peep hole and it was Jack.

I opened the door and let him in. Then the guys started yelling in giddy voices, "BAILEE LET US IN!" And they ran to the door.

Matt tripped and fell and skate toppled over him, landing on his back.

I chuckled at the scene and left the door open for them to come inside.

"Babbbby." Jack was right in front of my face when I turned around.

"Woah, Jack. How much did you drink?" I backed up a few steps.

Jack looked around. He looked into the living room, and then into the kitchen.

"It's supposed to be a secret and I can't tell Bailee, but a lot," he whisper yelled at me.

"Nice," I replied.

"Love me." Jack wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I could taste the alcohol and, cigarettes?

"Ew, Jack." I pushed at his chest until I got his lips to disconnect from mine.

"What's wrong baby?" Jack frowned at me.

I looked at the boys over Jack's shoulders. They were stumbling all over each other. Skate was about to get a fucking concussion if he fell one more time.

I moved my attention back towards Jack and frowned back at him.

"I don't want to kiss you when you're like this. Can you just please tell the boys to go sleep in the guest room? I don't want them to drive home or anything." I looked at Jack with pleading eyes. I don't even think he could understand a word I was saying.

Jack nodded and brought my face to his. He started kissing me aggressively. He pushed me up against the wall and his hand traveled up my leg and to the waistband of my shorts.

The boys chanted behind us. They were all happy to see Jack "getting some".

"Jack, get the fuck off of me." I pushed Jack away with tears in my eyes.

Once his hands let me go, I went into his room and locked the door behind me. I laid on the bed and cried until I fell asleep.

* * *
I walked to the door that I had locked to get away from Jack last night. I wanted to see if the boys had stayed here.

When I opened the door, Jack fell back, because he was slumped up against the door all night long.

I stepped over him to see Nash and Matt cuddling on the pull out couch. I smiled and covered them up with a blanket. I looked over to the chair to see Skate sitting up and his neck didn't make it look to comfortable. He wasn't going to be happy about that.

I swear there was one more boy here last night. Johnson was here. He must've went to the guest room since he has been here plenty of times and knows where it's at.

I walked past Jack, again, and went into the bedroom. I saw Johnson sleeping like a baby with his thumb in his mouth. How cute.

Now that I knew all of the boys were safe, I went into the kitchen to cook some breakfast.

I turned on some music. Be where you are by Trey Songz came on and I knew every word to it. While I cooked chocolate chip pancakes, I sang along.

I felt hands slip around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder. I decided to ignore it because it was bound to be one of the boys. Skate and Nash used to do it to me all the time when I cooked for them.

"I'm sorry, Bailee." I felt Jack's breath and voice.

I nodded and flipped the last pancake I was cooking.

"Really. I'm so sorry. I didn't even know what I was doing. I was being a jackass," Jack apologized again.

"You were." I nodded and took the pancake off the pan and placed it on one of the three plates I had to place the pancakes on.

I turned around and Jack's arms were still around me. I couldn't be mad at him forever, but he has been doing this lately.

I pushed his hair out of his face. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his forehead. I pulled him closer to me and rested my head against his chest. Every stroke of his breath was soothing me. I kept my hands around him. I didn't want to let him go.

"I smell pancakes!" Nash came into the kitchen.

I pulled away from Jack and he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"They're all done. I got the peanut butter, butter and syrup out for you guys. You all eat like freakin' pigs." I laughed.

"Hey!" Nash pushed on my shoulder.

"I'm kidding I love every one of you." I smiled and pulled nash in for a hug.

"You better know that we all love you too," Nash said.

I nodded with a smile and went to go wake up the other boys.

After I woke them up we all sat in the living room to eat.

"So what did you guys do last night?" I asked them.

All the boys looked from one to the other.

"Did you not know that we went to the bar?" Matt asked.

I nodded with a look on my face that said "you are so fucking dumb."

"Yes I know. What the hell, you all stumbled in here drunk as fuck. I was going to kill all of you. Skate and Jack mostly." I laughed.

"Yeah. I would kill Jack too. When he kissed that other girl last night. Wooo. They were shoving each other's tongues down each other's throats. It was disgusting, but I'm glad that we cleared the air on that one," Skate said.

I dropped my fork on my plate and looked at Jack who was sitting across from me.

He kissed another girl?

"Oh, I thought we....um," Skate started.

"Skate, shut the fuck up!" Jack and I yelled at the same time.

I stared at Jack with a death glare. My eyes started to get glossy, but I couldn't let a single tear fall.

I put my plate on the table in front of me and walked to Jack. I slapped him across the face with all the force I could.

I walked into Jack's room and changed into some jeans and a red and grey Omaha t-shirt. I grabbed my keys and purse and walked out to the living room.

"I'm leaving. I don't want you to call me. I don't want you to text me. I don't want you to try and find me. I don't want you to have someone follow me. I'll come back when I'm ready," I told Jack in the most dull tone I could use.

I walked out of the front door and got into my car.

I know who I was going to. It wasn't a good choice, but they were the only person I knew I could vent to.