Chapter 52

Ashley's Pov: 

I have spent about two hours skateboarding all around obx and my legs want to drop dead. I see the chateau in site and I breath of relief falls out of my mouth. 

I need water. Scratch that I am desperate for water. 

I dump my skateboard at the front of the chateau telling myself I'll deal with it later. I walk in to see John B on the couch looking...nervous? No...worried?

"Ash!" He jumps up from the couch running towards me bringing me into a big bear hug. "Um hi?" I say confused. 

"You need to leave." He demands, I stare at him in complete and utter shock. "What?! You pull me into a big hug but then kick me out seconds later?" I yell. 

"No I am not kicking you out but you need to get out of obx and go to the mainland!" He claims and anger quickly boils in me. 

"Excuse me?" I tilt my head raising my eyebrows, the audacity this kid has. "No I want you to stay here with me and the pogues but DCS was here, they are looking for you all around obx! You need to get out of here for a bit till it dies down then come back." 

My heart pace picks up, DCS is after me, that fucking Officer Dave really wants his job gone. "Oh my god." Is all I can seem to say. I am fucked. 

"I've got you a boat ticket to go to the mainland but I don't know what else to do." He says all in one breath.

What am I going to do? I can't just be homeless in the mainland, the money! The money my dad left me! I can buy myself a ticket to go back to Australia and live with my dad. 

But the pogues are my family, I can't leave them, I don't want to. 

But I have too.

"I have the money." I whisper to John B. "Huh?" He asks. 

"I have the money for a plane ticket to Australia." My voice breaks half way through. 

"Wait, what! You are going to go back to Australia? N- No!" He screams but I ignore his protests and walk towards my room grabbing a duffel bag. 

"Ash you are not doing this! We will figure out another way, but you aren't leaving obx for forever." He plead pushing the bag out of my hand. 

"John B I have to! I'm sorry, now give me back my bag!" I shout with tears falling. 

JJ's Pov: 

I sit in The Wreak eating a burger I ordered, surfing makes you really hungry, but then again I am always hungry. I watch the waves roll against the dock and I smile at the peacefulness. 

A bit too peaceful...

"JJ!" Pope screams running into the restaurant, well bye bye to peacefulness. "Jeez Pope it's like 8AM in the morning you're going to wake up the dead fish." I mumble into my food. 

"This is serious!" He sits down at my table out of breath sculling my water. "Pope no offence but can't I please have an hour to myself?" I ask not really ready to deal with the problems the world has prepared for me. 

Pope's phone goes off and he reads the notification and all color disappears from his face.

He stares at me like he is in deep thought, suddenly he jumps up from his seat. Jesus I have never seen him so...athletic? 

"JJ stuff your food c'mon we need to find my dad!" He grabs my arm making me drop my burger.  "Bro what the hell, I paid for that so let me eat it!" I yell trying to grab it again but getting pulled away from it.