Welcome to my life

Get up at 8 every morning, pack up my lunch, and shove it inside my bag. Grab my phone and order an Uber to pick me up to work. A typical Monday-Friday 9 to 6 job. Bored yet? Hold up, there's more of how ordinary my life is. Starting...... now!

[Motorbike Honking]

Uber: Are you Ms. Gianna? Your Uber here.

Handing out a bike helmet that doesn't even fit my head. But still, I will accept it cause I can't spend another minute waiting for another Uber. Trying to control my expression in 3,2,1...

[Smile Bright]

G: Yes, It's me. Please take me to the ABCD Tower.

[Engine Revives]

Uber: Is it the one behind the Seminyak Mall?

While lowering his motorbike to let me hop onto his bike. After being seated comfortably I answered him with a calm tone.

G: That's right, I will guide you on our way there.

Uber: Sure, Miss. Let's get going then.

Watching his maps and ready for making a turn.

G: Just go straight, Sir. The traffic is crazy around this hour, let's use the shortcut.

Uber: On it, Miss.

After 5 minutes on the way, I felt melancholy, watching the road that I've been pass-through for almost 6 years. I suddenly remember the first time I went there. My dad drove me to my first job interview. I didn't even know the place then but now I remember every single store I pass through on my way to work. Wow, 6 years. Time flies so fast. I drown in my memories when the Uber stops moving.

[Confused]

Miss? We're here.

[Embarassed]

Thank you so much, Sir.

I get off the motorbike and start walking inside the building. Right before the entrance door, I realized there's the shameful security that often spits nonsense and inappropriate comments. 

G: Good Morning.

Security 1: Morning, Miss. Where have you been, it's been a long time since I last saw you?

[Avoiding Eye Contact]

G: Yeah... [Chuckles] Thank you.

Security 2: Put your bag inside the machine, please.

G: Here you go.

I got my temperature checked while waiting for my bag to get sterilized. 

Security 2: It's done.

G: Thank you, Sir. Gotta go.

Got my IDs tapped, choose the eleventh floor, and run to the lift car. 

The lift open and whoosh... Welcome, my another boring day in the office.