1

Adira

"Yanda!"
"Yanda!" I shouted,
"WHAT?!" I heard her shouting from the kitchen.
"Where's my hoodie?" I asked, frantically looking for my clothes so I could finish packing my stuff for college.

I'm Adira but most just call me Addie. 19 years old and im African,specifically Malawian. I just graduated high school and now I'm on my way to LA for school.

"What hoodie?" Yanda asked as she  entered my room.

Yanda is my cousin, you know like those best friend cousins, yeah that. This girl is my literal definition of a ride or die, she my wing woman , my sidekick, the saweetie to Doja cat , you get it right?

I'm an antisocial person but also one of those people who when I open up to you I legit act like a damn fool, I be acting like I'm on some type of highly concentrated drug or something.

"man the black one, the one with the cross on the side," I try to describe.
"bruh i never took that hoodie check properly," she answered as she was scrolling through her phone.

*ring*

"Who's calling?" I asked as I heard my phone ringing
"It's Hakeem," she said with a mischievous smirk forming onto her face.
"Why you looking at me like that?"
"No reason," she tries to say in an angelic tone
"You looking like you 'bout to turn into some lunatic serial killer or something," I chuckle
"Man just answer the phone" she laughs along.

"Hello" I answer the phone as I walked out of the room, not wanting to be on the phone with Yanda around knowing very well how she is going to act.

Like a damn five year old

"Aye Addie, wassup" I hear Hakeem say over the phone.

I met Hakeem through Yanda, he's 21 meaning he's only 2 years older than me. Unlike me he actually stays in the US and we've never met each other in person it's always just calls and texts. She knows him cause long back her and her family moved there and I guess they met and clicked. When she came back she would always talk about him and thought it would be nice for me to know him and I guess I can say Hakeem and I have been friends since.

"I'm actually finishing off my packing," I say

"Mmhh yeh..so when you actually getting here?" He asked.

"I'm coming in two weeks if not then maybe sometime this week,"

"What the hell man, two weeks??" He groans and I chuckle at his reaction.

"It's just two weeks man calm down" I smile, realising that he can't see me so I mentally laugh at myself.

"Aye but Addie I seriously can't wait to see you though, like I'm actually going to see your face, and speak to you in person," he says and I just smile at his excitement.

"And I can't wait to hug you and hold your hand.."he continues

"You can't wait to hold my hand?" I asked

"Yeh shawty...I can't wait to hold till you got my scent all over you," we both laugh at his statement.
"But yah..I really can't wait to see you too," I said blushing a little bit.

"Then why you gotta wait for two weeks nigga come nowww," I laugh hard at the way he was whining.

"ey are you forgetting this is my home?...I'm going to miss this place..." I zoned out as I thought about how much I'm going to leave behind, all my friends , my family....my dog. I probably sound like an emotional white girl right now but it is true though I'm really going to miss everything.

"Nah Adira, I feel like there's something else..come on wassup bruh tell me what's on your mind, I'm here to listen," he says.

"I'm moving to a new country, I'm not really used to everything obviously. Like what if I start acting ghetto bruh mmmmmmm oh helllll nahh," I rant and I can just hear him laughing on the other end.

"And bruh your country is pretty much a danger zone, what if I decide to go for a walk one day at a specific part of town, where you are not supposed to wear blue and I go there in all blue and they shoot me dead, Huh!" I shout

"Aye babe, don't worry about all that alright, you got me to protect you shawty, I'm your hood superman," I chuckle at his words.

"You know, here the only thing I have to worry about is a mad man trying to talk to me in the streets, it's not everyday you hear someone was shot dead or whatever, my country is quite sad," I laugh

"Like i said Adira, don't worry about all that...I got you okay," he says

"Okay,"

"anyways I just called cause I needed to hear you voice," he says and I could tell he was biting his lip.

"You know I find it weird when guys say that, like what you gonna do when you hear my voice, live forever or something?"

"Well for me, when I hear your voice it just makes me happy..and calm I guess, I don't know man it's just something us guys do. Don't question it," he says before I laugh

"Aight whatever," I chuckle.
"Aye but I have to go though, I just wanted to see if you good,"
"I'm all good,"
"Imma call you later then yeh,"
"Yeh bye," I cut the call.

I went back to my room smiling to myself whilst shaking my head, I turn to look at Yanda smiling at me too.
"What?" I asked genuinely confused as to what was amusing her so much.
"Ya'll better not have a baby once you get there," she said whilst texting away on her phone.

"Girl what-," I started to say before I threw my pillow at her while she just laughed in my face.
"What do you mean by that?" I ask, "Why you acting like the first thing  im going to do is hop on some niggas dick or something?" I questioned her as I was clearing up the mess in my bedroom.

"It's America baby! Anything can happen," she announces with the hands in the air as if she's declaring to a whole congregation.

"Man whatever,"

🥂

A/N so what y'all think? Should I continue?