Chapter 1: First Day

*Beep* *Beep*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. Oh shoot! it's 7:30 a.m and I only got ten minutes 'till Lacey picks me up.

It's my first day of school and this year and I'm gonna be a sophomore. I immediately get out of bed then rush to the bathroom brush my teeth and put on some dry shampoo even though my hair looked some-what okay, I couldn't take the risk. Then I picked out a cute floral romper and some converse and paired them off with some black earrings.

*Honk* *Honk*

"Hurry up, Mia I want to get to school and see if there are any cute hotties." I rolled my eyes, literally all Lacey cares about is shopping and boys. I grab my backpack hurry downstairs and my mom says "Have a great day at school" "Thanks mom" I say.

I love my mom so much, ever since my dad died got shot and died things were a little rough but one day my mom and I made a promise to be happy and support eachother. I remember what my dad told my mom and I in the morning the day he died, "I gotta go but remember I love you guys" he knelt down to 7 year old me and said " I promise I will read to you once I come home, goodbye" and then my mom and i said goodbye. Unfortunately my dad couldn't keep the promise he made to me that day and my mom and I didn't know that was the last day we could say our last words to him.

*Honk* *Honk*

"I'm coming, chill out" I yell out to Lacey. I half jog-half run to her car and as usual the radio is blasted. "Hey bae" she says "Hey" I say. Lacey is like one of my best friends actually my only friend other people just look up to us because we're popular. But because of her ever since last year she helped me become popular and fit in to highschool and we rule the school. To be honest though i don't tell her any of my secrets like about my dad gone because she just not that kind of person to confide in. Plus, I don't want pity, I want to get through highschool without it becoming a living hell.

Soon we get to school and Lacey says "Sooo there might be cheerleader tryouts soon we should definitely do it cause it might be fun" You mean you just want to attract boys" I say cause it was 99% true. "Whatever but we're both going to tryout okay" "Of course" actually to be honest I don't really want to but she's my friend and we do a lot of things together.

*****

My first class is chemistry and our teacher's name is Mrs.Willow. She's old, boring, and doesn't know what she's doing half the time, correction all the time. When everyone is seated some people give me some dirty looks because Lacey likes to spread some rumors about a lot of people and I guess they suspect some of it's from me, which is not true at all. Once everyone settles down Mrs.Willow says she assigned us our partners and after what felt like hours she said "...and umm Mia you will be paired up with our new student J-Jase"

I see one guy get up and sits next to me. And can i just tell you he was so cute that I didn't realize I was staring at him until he started blushing, that was so embarassing."Hey I'm Jase" he said "Hi I'm Mia" I said trying to act cool but I completely blew it because I'm pretty sure my cheeks were bright red. "Alright class umm now that you have seen your partners we will uh... I can't find my lesson plans... you know what why don't you all just get to know your partners for the last few minutes of class."

There was akward silence between Jase and I until he broke the silence and said"What's your favorite color" "Red, how about yours" I asked "Blue" Jase answered."Favorite movie?" I asked "Definitely, Frozen" he said proudly "Same" I said then we both sang let it go in unison and then we laughed. Then he asked "Favorite pick-up line" I said "Everytime I look at a keyboard i see that U and I are always together" he laughed "Well mine is are you made of copper and tellurium because your CU(coppper symbo) TE(tellurium symbol)" I laughed"Haha your such a dork" "How else am I gonna flirt and show my love for the periodic table at the same time"he said

For the rest of class we talked about eachother and I ended up really liking Jase. Then the bell rang for second period and we went our ways. I started walking with Lacey and she asked"So does my lovely have a crush" "Yes I do, his name is Jase" I blushed and pointed to him so only Lacey could see him."Ooooh he's cute but be careful i don't want him to ruin your reputation cause he's not so popular."So what if he's not popular, does it matter" I say "Honey, there's only two kinds of people in highschool the nobodies and somebodies. And once your a nobody there's no going back up to the top." I shrugged, that was the first time I thought does popularity really matter in highschool?

~~~

Hi people!

This is my first time writing a story on wattpad and i hope you all like it. The main character, Mia happens to be really popular but is more like Lacey's sidekick. I chose to do the story from a popular person's perspective cause lots of stories show the popular people as bad guys but really there not cold-hearted people, atleast not all of them. Okay well, Byee :)