A Windblume for me

On Top of Wangshu Inn, the last standing yaksha sat, stargazing up at up at the night sky.

  He sat, pondering upon hundreds and thousands of matters, the reason his still alive, the reason why he didn't die and join the rest of the yakshas, resting in peace, and free from their karmic debt. 

  He once acted upon such thoughts, or rather, his karma did.

  That time, the pain of his karmic debt was the worse it had been in decades and centuries; it was far more excruciating, more vile and wrapping him in a cloud of merciless and relentless agony.

   It was then he heard the faintest of sounds, the majestic sound of a lyre.

  Not any lyre was it, it was the anemo archon's one.

  The song drifted through the serene winds, reaching out to him with a soft lullaby.

  That night, Barbatos himself graced him with his presence, easing the festering of the karmic debt.

  That night, although he experienced the worst pain he felt in his long existence, he also experienced the most relief ever since..Ever since that retched god abducted him.

  The god in question was the god of dreams. He found the young adeptus's weakness, and used it against him.

  He made him devour people's dreams, kill mortals and immortals alike, live a life of constant fear and agony, a life of self hatred for all he had done; for all he had been forced to do.

  In the archon war, the god of dreams fortunately died.

  The cause of his death was the god of contracts, as he had pierced through him with his celestial spear, pinned him deep within the earth, far away from anyone else he might use for his own selfish gain.

  It was at that time he also got adopted and raised by Morax, he became a sort of father figure for him.

  He taught him how to fight, how to fend for one's self; how to survive. He showed him sympathy and love, cared for him in many ways he never felt.

  The same goes for the anemo archon.

  Except, instead of the fatherly love Morax gave him, his was that of a lover's, not that Xiao ever realised due to his obliviousness.

  After that night, he was graced with more songs each time his debt nearly caught onto him, made him lose himself like some of the past yakshas.

  Whilst he was lost deep within his thoughts, he didn't notice the subtle shift in the wind, the sound of feet hitting the wood, nor the gentle yet playful winds that blew across his face.

  "Ehe~ Xiao~" A cheerful, extremely playful and carefree voice said, poking him on both cheeks.

  Xiao opened his eyes, cat-like golden eyes meeting mischievous teal ones.

  "So you are alive!" Barbatos, or Venti as he told Xiao to call him cheered.

 "Lord Barbatos?" Xiao asked, stunned by his sudden appearance.

 Barbatos tsked, before he sat beside Xiao, eyes never leaving his.

  He linked his arm with Xiao's, then proceeded to lay his head on his shoulder, still staring up at Xiao expectantly, eyes filled with mischief.

  He lightly hit Xiao's shoulder, playfully yet still seriously glaring at him.

 "I told you to call me Venti! We do not need such titles in our conversations." He reprimanded him, hands coming up and squeezing the life out both of Xiao's cheeks.

  Xiao's blood all rushed to his face in a speeding race, painting it a color close to a Windwheel aster's one.

  He tried to turn his head away, too embarrassed to look the bard in the eye. Although, his tries seemed futile as Venti just tightened his hold on his cheeks, squeezing them tighter, and somehow redding Xiao's cheeks and face more.

  "Barba- i mean Venti.. Might i inquire on why you are here?" Xiao was barely able to speak with the teal eyed individual squashing his cheeks. He was grateful to be able to wheeze out these words without stuttering or it being muffled.

  A small frown  settled on Venti's face; if he wasn't getting his cheeks squeezed - which made him only able to look in front of him, at Venti - He wouldn't have had noticed it.

  "Am i not allowed to see my favourite adeptus?" He said, frown long gone, replaced with a very  smug and mischievous smirk.

  Before Xiao got the chance to reply, his locks were swiftly pulled down, Venti inching a bit closer before he felt his lips on his, the hand in his hair tugging him impossibly closer.

  If it were possible, his face would've gotten redder.

  Venti wrapped  his arms around the adeptus's neck, his mouth devouring Xiao's.

  Xiao subconsciously placed his arms around the god's small waist, returning the kiss with the same amount of ferocity and passion he never knew he had.

  His eyes closed as he melted into the kiss. As such, he failed to notice something cold, foreign and corrupt entering his veins, nor his teal highlights changing into red ones, nor the fact instead of Venti's usual hair of raven fading into sky blue, it became raven fading into a corrupt magenta, neither the fact he was slowly losing himself; not only to Barbatos, but to corruption.

  "Ah.. It's finally working..." Barbatos finally broke off the slightly heated kiss, not wanting to suffocate himself or Xiao.

  Xiao himself was puzzled and dizzy from what had just occurred, still dazed as Venti stared straight at his eyes.

  Venti's usually warm and bright emerald eyes became a glowing vermilion, frightening anyone who is unfortunate enough to see them. Although to the intoxicated Xiao, they're the warmest pair of eyes he had ever seen.

  A sinister smirk crept up Venti's face. With no warning, he kissed Xiao again, less tender in nature and more heated.

  He pulled down Xiao's bottom lip, gently biting it before running his tongue over it, then pulling yet again, asking for permission to enter.

  Xiao obediently opened up his mouth, hands moving from Venti's waist to his hips.

  They're tongues swirled together in a hungry and furious tornado, devouring and exploring every inch of each other, fighting fiercely for dominance. In the end, Xiao won and used such victory to explore the warm cavern which is Venti's mouth; not one spot missed.

   By then he was completely lost, his hair became a dark vermillion fading into  lighter shade on his once teal highlights. His tattoos, which were usually a darker shade of teal, became a deep green-ish peacock. His eyes, which were always the colour of priceless cor lapis, became a seducing emerald.

  He broke into a grin the second he saw him. His Xiao was now wrapped in a thick vile of corruption; the same corruption that coursed through archons, yakshas and immortals alike. The corruption which if one doesn't have precise control over, it might devour them whole.

"My dear windblume... You should really stop isolating yourself, you missed some very important news about the god of freedom, ehe~"

  -