38 | 自分を愛する

TAEHYUNG MANAGED TO PISS OFF no less than six people before he discovered where Jungkook and Jennie were. He'd torn through the busy ER until he'd been threatened with arrest if he didn't settle down.

Jennie had been taken to surgery, but Jungkook was still in the ER where he was receiving a blood transfusion. At first, Taehyung and Jimin had been told they couldn't see Jungkook yet, but after Taehyung swore he'd take down the waiting room piece by piece, the nurse had relented and allowed them back.

Taehyung shoved into the door, anxious to see his younger brother. Jungkook's appearance shocked him. Beside him, Jimin sucked in his breath as well.

Pale, haggard, weary lines etched around his eyes, Jungkook looked like hell, plain and simple. His shoulder was heavily bandaged, and he had enough wires and lines running from him to keep a small city supplied in electricity.

Jungkook's eyes fluttered open when the two brothers walked in. His head surged up, pain creasing his brow.

"Where is she? Did you find her?" he demanded.

Taehyung stopped by the bed, his knees weak with relief. There was nothing wrong with Jungkook a few days in the hospital wouldn't fix.

"We found her," he said quietly.

"Where is she?" Jungkook gritted from behind clenched teeth.

Taehyung ran a hand through his hair, trying desperately to maintain his composure.

"She's here. In the hospital," Jimin spoke up.

Jungkook 's eyes blazed. "How is she?"

"We don't know," Taehyung said.

Jungkook jerked his head back toward Taehyung. He swallowed heavily then opened his mouth. "What happened?"

Taehyung closed his eyes. "He stabbed her in the chest. Broke her arm. She's in surgery. They airlifted her here. We don't know much."
He sank back against his pillows, his face white. Tears streaked down his cheeks. Taehyung felt a painful twinge in his chest. He hadn't seen Jungkook cry since they were kids.

"Will she...will she be okay?" he rasped.

Taehyung exchanged looks with Jimin. He didn't want to lie to Jungkook, but Jungkook was in no shape for this kind of burden.

"I think she'll be fine," Taehyung said, hoping he hadn't just lied.

"I let her down. I failed her," he said bleakly.

"I let you both down," Taehyung said. "I should have never left either of you. But we can't think of that right now."

Jimin put a hand on Jungkook's uninjured shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm pissed," Jungkook said angrily. "I let that bastard get the drop on me."

"What did the doc say about your shoulder?" Taehyung said, pushing the subject firmly back to Jungkook.

He closed his eyes again and sank further into the pillow. "Says I'll be fine. Gave me two pints of blood, patched up the wound. Wants me to stay a day or two, but overall, he said I was one lucky bastard."

He cracked one eye to stare at Taehyung. "How did you find her? What happened? You haven't told me anything."

"We can talk about it later," Taehyung said. He was sure he didn't need to rile Jungkook up any more than he already was.

"Don't coddle me," Jungkook said fiercely. "Tell me what the fuck happened out there."

"If you don't calm down, you're going to get us kicked out of here," Jimin said.