41 | 弁護士

HE TURNED AROUND TO SEE Jennie studying him.

"Hey," he said as he walked toward the bed. He bent and kissed her forehead then smoothed her hair from her cheek with his hand. "How are you feeling?"

Her cinnamon eyes stared apprehensively at him. "Who was that on the phone?"

He didn't want to upset her, but he wasn't going to lie to her either. "That was Soo-young. The man who hurt you...he's dead."

Something savage flashed across her face.

"Good. He nearly killed Jungkook," she bit out.

"He nearly killed you, baby."

"How is Jungkook?" she asked.

Taehyung blinked at the abrupt change in topic. But then Jennie's sole concentration when she was awake was Jungkook's well-being.

He knew she was still dealing with the fright of nearly losing him. It was a feeling he was intimately familiar with.

He glanced over to where both Jimin and Jungkook were slumped over asleep.

"He's resting."

She closed her eyes for a moment then opened them and nodded her approval. "He shouldn't be out of bed."

Taehyung leaned in to kiss her again. He couldn't touch her enough. He kissed her, held her every chance he had.

"I want to go home," she whispered.

"I know you do, baby. Soon. I promise."

He stroked her hair and settled on the edge of her bed, careful not to jar her too much.

She seemed to withdraw within herself. Something he'd witnessed with more frequency as she spent more time awake. It worried him. He had no idea what she was thinking.

He started to ask her, but her eyes fluttered, and she slowly closed them. He sat with her until he heard her soft, even breathing then he eased from the bed and sank down into his chair. He could use a few winks himself.

Jennie stared at the ceiling, her thoughts in chaos

Jennie stared at the ceiling, her thoughts in chaos. Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin were all asleep. They looked uncomfortable as hell, but she didn't want to do anything to wake them.

Guilt weighed a ton in her chest. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Jungkook falling again. Her worst fear had been the danger she was bringing to the brothers' doorstep. A fear that had now been realized.

It was time for her to make sure nothing more happened to Taehyung, Jimin or Jungkook. Especially Jungkook. She loved them all so much. The idea of losing any of them created an unbearable ache in her heart.

She glanced over at Taehyung just a few feet away. His cell phone lay on the small table next to her bed. She stared at it for a long moment then slowly reached for it.