Chapter 3: Interference

(The image above is what the special forest that Dajh, Mog, Noel and Serah found last chapter are supposed to look like, anyways enjoy the chapter)

(Noctis P.O.V)

I looked around the compound, to think that everything could change in an instant, but I was feeling a little guilty about not telling them about Luna. To be honest, I'm glad things have changed, because these new friends really made me feel at home. I saw Prompto and Vanille playing with cards, "Okay, and now you have to ask me for a certain card since you played three taco cats" Prompto said, Exploding kittens is his favourite. Gladiolus was training alongside Fang and Snow in the distance, "Whoa, you're even better than I thought" Snow said, "Well I'm Noct's shield for a reason" Gladio said, Fang chuckled in response, "I mean that makes sense" she joked. I looked at Sazh and Ignis repairing the car, "It seems that the wire for the windshield washer fluid is a little loose, could you pass me the wrench please?" Ignis asked, Sazh passed the wrench from under the car as he adjusted the tires, "And we are DONE!" Sazh said and jumped up. Then I heard footsteps, I turned and saw Lightning sitting down next to me, "What are you thinking about?" she asked, "I don't know, just how much things have changed, for all of us. I mean it's fricking crazy" I said. Lightning nodded, "I get it, I honestly didn't expect this world to have magic and monsters in it, heck I wasn't even expecting you" she said. I laughed "Me neither" I said. But our thoughts were interrupted by a certain shout, "WE DID IT!" It was Hope, and he was bringing out papers. 

"I know where the magic is coming from, this dark magic was hard to trace but we found a place filled with it, and it's deep in the woods, Lightning, Yeul's sending you the co-ordinates so you can investigate" Hope said. Lightning nodded, "We should come with you Light" I said, Prompto looked up, "Yeah, it would be like one big new adventure, a new adventure in the new world, what are the odds of that?" he asked jovially, Gladiolus shook his head and laughed, "We're in" Snow said cracking his knuckles, Lightning looked at everyone, it was clear that they all wanted to help out, even if it meant trouble, Lightning nodded and everyone cheered. "Okay, everyone get your weapons, Yeul you and NORA will defend the compound while we're gone, you gonna be okay?" Hope asked his assistant, "I'll be fine, besides I still have my side project just in case" she said. I looked around, I noticed that there were two people missing, "Where's Noel and Serah?" I asked, Lightning tensed "I saw her walking towards the woods, maybe they found the place before we did" she said, Sazh also became worried, "Dajh followed them not to long after they left, we have to find them" he said. 

(A few minutes later)

We were walking for a few minutes, we all looked to see if there was any trace of them, "SERAH!!" Lightning yelled, "NOEL!!" Hope yelled out, "DAJH!!" Sazh yelled out. Prompto suddenly tripped and bumped into a huge mushroom, when he bumped into it it started to glow brighter than ever. "Jesus, how do you walk in this place?" he asked frustratingly, Vanille walked up to him, "It's easy, all you have to do is to take it easy, the forest can be hard to navigate but you'll get the hang of it" she said. Suddenly Ignis noticed something, "It seems that mushroom opened the door to a dark tunnel" he said. We all turned to see that the trees have moved to reveal a dark tunnel ahead, "Okay, tread carefully, Noel and Serah could be in there" Lightning said, but our thoughts were interrupted by a familiar sound, "Kupo!" it was Mog. "MOG! Where's Noel, Dajh, and Serah?" Lightning asked, "They're fine, they're just ahead, but be careful this place is a maze, just follow me kupo" he said. We all decided to follow, "Hey Hope, is this the place you were talking about earlier?" Snow asked, "No, it's filled with the other kind of magic, Holy Magic" he said, I looked at Lightning, she was sporting a worried face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, "Serah has a knack for getting herself into trouble, I'm just worried" she said, I shook my head "She'll be fine, besides Noel's with her" I said. Lightning looked back at me, "I swear, you're like a fricking mediator" Lightning said, "Hehe, I get it from my dad" I answered. We suddenly heard a crash, "KUPO!, What happened?" Mog asked, "HAHA, Snow got scared and punched a tree" Sazh said, "Shut up, I thought it was a skeleton" Snow said clearly embarrassed. Fang and Gladiolus pushed ahead of Mog, "Hey, no shoving kupo" he said angrily. "Their might be traps ahead" Fang said as she threw a rock ahead of us, "Or these things could be poisonous" Gladio said as he touched a mushroom. The mushroom lit up and a bunch of others did as-well, they all lit up a safe path for us to walk. After a few seconds of us finding our footing, we heard voices, "Yep, and it's really hard to pry open the shell" the voice belonged to Noel, "Wow, that's so cool" Dajh said, and we could hear Serah laughing "So, what did you end up doing with the rest of the shell?" she asked, "I used it to reinforce the roof, since Adamantoise shells are really freaking hard to crack" Noel said. I was surprised, "Adamantoise?! Those things are impossible to catch by anyone" I whispered, "Noel's not just anybody kiddo, he's crazy" Snow joked.