6 | Tuesday, June 1st

The next two days are a flurry of training and learning.

Through some trial and error, we found out some weaknesses in my powers. Like air; it's easy for me to control, but is weak and dissipates quickly, meaning it only takes a few moments of struggling to break free of restraints unless I am consciously tending to them.

And then there's the strength that comes from my powers. Turns out I'm able to go move things that are extremely heavy, but I can't break through certain materials, like thick metal. I thought it would stand to reason that if I could manage to throw a car 40 feet without breaking a sweat, I would be able to crack open a metal door, but apparently that's not how they work.

I hold up a hand towards Natasha and she pauses, letting her arms fall. We've been sparring for the last half hour. Nothing intense, but enough to need a breather.

"You're getting better, but you need to pay attention to what I'm doing. You focus too much on what your next move is that you're not anticipating my next moves."

"Okay... I'll work on that..." I pant. I square up and attempt to analyze her movements the way she explained before, but after I slam into the mats for the third time, I let out a frustrated groan.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up, you've only been doing this for a few days," she says.

"You're right. I should change my goal to seeing how many times you can beat me up in a day instead," I reply.

"Give it time, you'll get a hang of it."

"Let's go again," I say, standing up.

"Why not take a break?" she suggests.

"I will soon. But not yet."

I lower my stance and she nods.

"Focus on my movements," she says quietly.

I watch, then decide to reach out to her, using my mental senses as an early warning sign. Immediately I notice a difference, and when I feel her move her left leg, I mimic her.

This could be useful.

I continue to focus on her movements until she finally attacks, and somehow I counter and avoid being tripped.

"Good. Keep it up."

We go back and forth for a few minutes before her movements get faster, more calculated.

Good to know she didn't need to try to beat me.

Eventually I risk an attack and feel her arm snake around mine, so I grab on to her lower arm, using air to throw her off balance, and roll her over me.

"Cheating," she says before swinging her legs under my own and forcing me down as well. We slam to the ground, and I feel her move to flip me, but I roll from her grip and push back to my feet.

She flips up and attacks again, her moves now fluid as if she doesn't need to think about them.

I counter, feeling her about to lift her leg and kick her as her foot lifts from the ground to knock her off balance.

She falls back but flips herself onto her knees and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Show off," I mutter.

She smirks and I advance on her.

Now that I know what to expect, defense is much easier; I block kicks and punches and even manage to put her off balance a few more times before she finally pins me.

"That was much better, Y/N," she nods approvingly, putting a hand out to help me up. I place my hand in hers and feel her prepare to flip me, so I quickly turn and flip her over my shoulder.