❣ 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥

Alberto came running up the hill with the big blue umbrella to save his friend who was stuck under a shelter from the rain.

"Luca!", he called out, "Just stay right there!"

"Alberto!", Luca called back.

"I'm coming for you!", he told his friend.

That was when Ercole rounded the corner and, maintaining the status quo, continued to bully and mock Luca, "What's wrong, Piccoletto? Afraid of a little rain?"

"Hey!", Alberto shouted at him, drawing his attention away from Luca.

It worked and Ercole started riding down towards Alberto, saying, "For the last time, you two don't belong here. Get out of my town!", before kicking Alberto while on his bike, and making Alberto drop the umbrella.

The poor boy was transformed by the rain in front of everyone. All the towns people looked on in fear, backing away, terrified of this aquatic menace.

As he was riding down the hill, Ercole realised what had just happened and turned back to shout, "Sea monster! Right there! Ciccio! My harpoon! Veloce!"

Ercole got a harpoon and a net and started running towards Alberto. Luca was about to go and help his friend but Alberto turned back to him and said, "No, stop! Just stay there. You're still okay", before turning back to Ercole and running towards him while shouting, "Andiamo!"

Alberto was caught in the net and possibly even worse if Luca hadn't went out from the shelter and zoomed down the hill on his bike towards his friend, picking him up onto his bike as he passed them.

As they were going down the hill, Alberto said, "Wow, you really are crazy!"

"I learned it from you!", Luca told him, "Let's get to the water!"

Ercole was catching up to the two boys as they made their bumpy way down the hill, with Giulia also close behind them.

Ercole got in front of them and stood up on his bike, holding his harpoon, "You should've left when I told you! Now, I gotta kill some sea monsters!"

As he was cackling, Giulia saw an opportunity to stop him, if a dangerous one, so she quickly pedalled in front of them and, after quickly muttering, "So long, evil empire of injustice", crashed into Ercole, sending both of them crashing off their bikes.

They were nearly at the finish line but when he saw his friend injured, Luca halted the bike and got off to help Giulia, quickly followed by Alberto. Having seen everything transpire, Cecilia also rushed over to help her injured friend.

The whole town was staring at them in shock, even Massimo.

Just then, Ercole got back up and shouted, "I saw them first! The reward is mine!"

"We're not afraid of you!", Luca spoke up.

"Yes, but we're afraid of you!", Ercole shot back, "Everyone is horrified and disgusted by you, because you are monsters!"

"Stop it! They're not monsters!", Cecilia shouted at him.

"Oh yeah? Who are they then?", Ercole asked rhetorically.

"I know who they are", Massimo spoke up, silencing everyone.

Alberto looked up at him with pleading eyes for a moment before averting his gaze out of embarrassment.

"They are Luca and Alberto, and... they are the winners", Massimo announced.

"They can't be the winners! They are not even people!", Ercole argued.

"Signora Marsigliese?", Massimo asked the judge.

She looked at the boys' bike which had crashed passed the finish line, "Technically, legally, yes, they won."

"We won?", The boys gasped in disbelief.

"Who cares if they won?! They are sea monsters!", Ercole continued to protest.

The fisherman started to get their nets out before Massimo shot them a look saying, 'are you sure about that?', making them begrudgingly back away.

Just then, Luca's parents rushed towards him, embracing him in a big hug.

"Luca!", they both gasped.

"You had us worried half to death and you must never do that again!", Daniella scolded him.

"I'm sorry", Luca apologised.

She continued, "And you raced your little tale of and kicked so much human butt! And I am so proud of you, and I am so mad at you!", before tightly embracing him again and crying.

"I love you, mom", Luca told her before letting go to join his friends again.

Signora Marsigliese went up to the kids and announced, "Signore e signori, the winners of this year's Portorosso Cup, the underdogs!", before handing them the cup.

They took it in their hands and looked at it in awe.

Luca gasped, "I can't believe we won."

"We won!", Alberto cheered.

"Yes, underdogs!", Giulia cheered.

"Woohoo!", Cecilia whooped.

They put their hands together in a circle like they did when they first formed their team.