library shenanigans ~ rogers

“what book are you gonna get y/n?

“i don't know steve. i think i'm just gonna have a look around and see what's there”

“alright sweetheart”

me and steve have been dating for a little over a year and he knows better than anyone about my love for books.

there will constantly be packages coming in of new books and i have my own little bookshelf.

i decided that, for a change, i would go to the library and rent some books which i don't do often.

so here we are, on a walk to the library which isn't that far away. steve's hand is in mine as we stroll along the sidewalk.

as we start getting closer to the door of the library, i start getting more excited.

“i haven't been to a library in so long”

“oh y/n, i remember this one library back in the 40s and you would have loved it. it was filled with books and shelves so high that you needed a ladder to reach the books at the top” he started to whisper as we stepped into the library, “they sadly knocked it down because it wasn't really getting much business and i think it's a bank now”

“that's unfortunate. i wish i could've been there to see it”

personally, i love when steve talks about the fun things he did in the 40s. to some, it's boring but i find it so interesting. i think he appreciates the fact that i am genuinely curious and it puts a smile on my face.

my eyes immediately go to all the books in this cute little library. it's definitely not a huge building but i think i like it better that way. there are some small tables and chairs to sit at and i find it cosy.

me and steve start wandering around and a book that i read already catches my eye.

i pick it up and just admire its cover. it reads 'it ends with us'. steve sees that i'm just in a trance looking at this book and questions the significance.

“oh it's not like sentimental or anything, i just loved this book” i start to ramble on about the plot of the book and the characters and how it made me feel while steve just watches in awe.

“what else have you read hm?”

a sheepish smile plasters itself onto my face because of how steve really wants to know about books i've read and it just makes me feel important.

i begin picking up books i have already read and rambling on and on about each and every one of them.

steve's eyes never leave my face and his expression never resembles even a hint of boredom.

i finish my rant and steve just kind of watches my face silently in admiration.

i start to blush when he chuckles and places his hand on my cheek.

“i love you y/n”

“steve, i think you already know how i'm going to respond to that”

____________________________________

A/N

the picture of chris that i attached was my inspiration for this hahhaa