2) A Kind Girl In The Maze

How long it has been? When? Where? It is so silent and dark around me. There is no sun nor moon nor stars which I always watched when I was back at my palace, on my favorite rooftop. The night outside had chilled me deeply into my bones. I don't care if I catch sick or not. Nobody cares about me. Neither servants nor the emperor the bastard!

Is it four years?

The village chief said so.

I was unable to track the times because I don't know if I was awakening or sleeping. Damnit!! That evil bastard stole my eyes! I always blamed myself for getting into his business so carelessly. I began growing suspicious of my father because I noticed the dark aura coming from him.

Up until he found out and he come to warn me after killed my worthless mother. But I don't care about her because I've never been closer to her. So I continue my investigation anyway. He warned me twice after cursing my core.

Of course, I was too stubborn and too proud to low myself to surrender to him. Of fucking course! The immature, prideful bastard prince won't accept the losses and continued his way anyway! How stupid of me. I should've been aware of that bastard's irrational responses!

That's why I always constantly thought about them and yelled at myself for being immature and prideful. I was struggling to find my way back to my home on my own without the village chief's helping which I refused. Hah...Seems like I am not changed at all.

If only...I don't have pride.

"Ugh-!" I stubbed my toes against something hard. I hissed silently as I lowered myself down to the ground to reach my toes. I yelped as I accidentally bumped my head against another solid. I propped down and fingered around, while I hissed painfully at my head throbbed.

The scratchy inscription on the something hard where he propped against.

It said: Bellevue

"What? Bellevue? Don't tell me...I took the wrong route?" I murmured with controlled anger.

"Sir?"

"Ah?"

The aroma of peculiar fresh sunflower and honey milk suddenly invaded my nose, as the softly gentle voice speaks with full of genuine concerns toward me. Though most folk in the village often express concern for me. But they just simply pitied me. It never felt good. Somehow, it soothes the years of my affliction in the remote countryside.

"You okay, sir?"

".....Do I look okay to you, lady?" I snapped and I tried to pinpoint where the lady's position by using the sounds. The scuffle of footstep moved toward him almost cautiously and curiously. All of sudden, the footsteps stopped about a foot away from him at the fore. She is so quiet with barely breathe. A few seconds passed by, a clear throat resounds the atmosphere.

"...I-I know I may be rude. Are you blind?"

"...You're rude, lady," I said coldly and I gritted my teeth whenever I thought of it. It's a curse given by that bastard! He must have enjoyed my sufferings! It's obvious that he doesn't think I deserved an execution!

This again, I need to stop think of it...

The warmth hand placed onto my shoulder and squeezed a bit while.

"My apologies, sir. Let me help you," A feminine gentle voice speaks softly once more. I nodded mutely and I don't know how did she able to calm me down quicker than others include the village chief. She helped me to got on my feet while holding my elbows. "I'll escort you back to your home."

When we finally arrived at my house after I told her my address. She bade me farewells before she went back to her home.

I think I like her...

.

.

.

.