one.

october 1977.

i winced at the cold air hitting my skin as i walked to the nearest bar. i needed a drink. badly.

"hey, i was starting to think i would never see you again"

"hello carly!"

carly was the bartender, i have been here so many times that we became good friends.

"sit down", carly motions to a empty barstool in front of her, "lemme get you a drink."

"who is playing tonight?", i asked as i watch people set up the stage.

"some band by the name of van halen", she hands me a beer and glances up at the stage, "they are a newer rock group, i've heard that they are really good!"

me and carly talked for a little bit till the lights dimmed and the band walked up onto the stage

"hello everybody, we are van halen"
a man said through the microphone, "we are really happy to be here tonight! we really hope you enjoy our show".

he looked at the rest of the band members, cuing them in to start a song.

the show was amazing, so much energy. the crowed seemed to love them. i felt so connected to the music, i got up from my seat and made my way up to the front of the stage.

the show lasted about an hour and a half, i really digged the music. it had an incredible amount of energy to it.

"thank you all for all sticking around, we had a bunch of fun."

the band began to walk off the stage and that's when i noticed the guitarist.

he was absolutely beautiful, he had dark brown hair that wasn't too short but wasn't fairly long either. to go with it, he had a pair of beautiful brown eyes.

i needed to know who this man was.

since the show was over, i decided to go back to the bar. carly gave me another drink and we sat there and chatted.

"can i have a beer please?"

i look over and there he was, the guitarist. we locked eyes and he flashed me a grin.

"i really liked the show", i smiled back, "you guys are very talented.

he gave me an even bigger grin, if that was even possible. "i'm so glad you liked it" he looked over and seen that i had finished my drink, "can i buy you a drink?"

we spent the rest of the night talking and getting to know each other. he had such a great sense of humor and he was very interesting, i had learned that he played an various amount of instruments and that he even built his guitar himself!

"it's getting pretty late" eddie says finally looking down at his watch, "do you need a ride home?"

remembering that i had walked here, i nodded and gave him a cheeky grin, "yes please, that would be lovely".

-
authors note: this is my very first story so it might not be very good. i'm trying my best so bare with me!