Chapter 2 (part 1): Micro-aggression

N a t h a n. P O V

Today is the start of a new semester and I'm honestly excited, soon enough I will be a 3rd year . 3rd year architecture students get to work on official school projects , for example this year's 3rd years have full control over the new dormitory being built on the west wing of campus , with help from the 3rd year engineering majors , ofcourse they will be monitored by professionals though .

I'm planning on actually moving into the new dormitories when construction's complete, as of now I live with Konane , Jeremiah and Liam in a two bedroom apartment we found near campus . We've been living here for two years now and it's become our home , I'm probably going to miss it when I leave but it would be beneficial to me. I usually have my classes in buildings over on the west wing which is a good 20 minute walk from here , but for Liam , konane and Jeremiah , all their classes are in the buildings that are on the east wing , what makes it even more convenient is that the building our apartment is in , is close to the east wing entrance to the university . The simple thought of living closer to my course building excites me.

I woke up to the sun's rays hitting my face through the blinds , it was a pleasant feeling, I usually wake up to a loud and annoying alarm set by my roommate Liam . Out of the four of us , Liam and I are probably the closest since we've been friends since middle school , he's practically my brother , but that doesn't mean he never gets on my nerves . I slowly and quietly made my way towards his bed to reach for his phone , hopefully I can turn off that horrible alarm of his before it rings , but sadly I was not fast enough , it rang . You might be wondering what his alarm is for it to get on my nerves this much , it's what he calls "the sound of paradise" which comprises of beach sounds and rain drops, sounds peaceful doesn't it? Well it is until you start to hear chickens ,dog barks and bunch of other animal sounds .

He got up , yawned and flashed me a smile "morning Nate" he said , as optimistic as ever , I returned a smile and walked over the my desk , grabbed my phone and made my way out of our room and to the kitchen. I could still hear that horrid alarm.

Konane being the oldest among us , makes it his duty to make us breakfast and Just when I stepped out of our room , the scent of pancakes and freshly baked muffins hit me .

"Morning Nate , take a seat , breakfasts ready" he said as I walked over to the kitchen island that had three seats facing the living room . In curiosity I asked "What time do you wake up to get all this done ?" , It always shocked me how he was able to do all this and STILL be early for class ,"4 am , but I usually prep the night before" he paused  , "also when you leave make sure to go with this , Yeri and Amitola wanted to try out my muffins" , I nodded my head as he handed me a lunch box with Muffins in it , Amitola and Yeri have classes on the west wing too , since that's where the labs are located , so I usually see them and we hang out at the café near the west wing entrance ,they have great blue berry muffins but honestly not as good as konane's .

Jeremiah then joined us but in his pajamas , which shocked me , his usually not around to have breakfast since he has morning classes . "Jeremiah , aren't you supposed to be in class right now? , it's 7:52 , almost eight" , "nope , I have afternoon classes today, Liam too, so we're planning on playing games ALL DAY!" , He said as Liam walked out fully dressed , "sorry Jeremiah , but I promised Amitola that I would drop her and Yeri off at the west wing and then pick them up later in the day " , well isn't that convenient , "you mind if I tag along?" , "Not at all" , I got up and walked over to our room as I heard Jeremiah whine trying to convince Liam to stay , I looked back and noticed that konane was about to burst into laughter with how childish Jeremiah was acting .

I got changed and Liam and I were off to the girls apartment, which was just a floor below us . As soon as we got out of the elevator ,we saw them locking their door ,"hey guys!" , Yeri greeted as she waved and smiled at us , Amitola then turned her head and ran to Liam and gave him a kiss on his cheek , did I forget to mention that him and Amitola are an item? "Excuse me but some of us have 2 hour lectures to attend , so if you don't mind , please continue on with your PDA somewhere else and preferably at another time " , just as I said that Amitola gave me a look, "stop being so salty Nate , Yeri how do you-" , she was about to say something when Yeri pinched her arm , "Nate's right let's go" .