never forgotten- amourshipping

THIS IS LONG IM SO SORRY I HAD AN IDEA IN MY HEAD- i'll also possibly write a sequel one-shot to this one. if you wanna see that at all jus lmk!!

pairing: amourshipping (ash x serena) <<
genre: fluff <<
requested by strangefryingpan <<

.

Being back home in Kalos again felt strange, but it was also pleasant. Serena grew to love to traveling away from her home region, participating in contests and showcases alike, however being able to return and see her mom in-person rather than on a screen was nice. Perhaps that was how Ash felt whenever he returned to Kanto after some grand adventure across the globe- especially considering how the boy attracted danger like some kind of magnet.

..And here Serena was, thinking about him again. It'd been years, however the girl still couldn't help but occasionally fantasize about Ash. He was always in the back of her mind somehow, someway.. but it'd been well over a year since they spoke. Even that couldn't change how Serena felt for the boy.

"Serena!"

The honey-blond laughed as a now-older Bonnie yanked her into a tight hug, the beautiful glistening Prism Tower casting them in a cool shadow. Bonnie was sixteen now- and a trainer of her own. Dedenne was on her shoulder, the Pokémon chittering happily as his trainer practically crushed their old friend.

"Bonnie, don't squeeze her so hard," Clemont said from behind a bit frantically, though he was smiling himself.

Bonnie apologized and released Serena, though her blue eyes were still bright with joy. "I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen you!" the girl said exasperatedly. "Your hair's grown a bit too! Did you keep cutting it?"

Serena smiled and nodded. Her hair was wavy and just barely below shoulder-length; after seeing that she enjoyed it that way, she stopped letting it grow. The ribbon Ash had gifted her all those years ago was tied into her honey-blond strands as well, framing the side of her face. It was a precious accessory; Serena could never imagine going without it.

The trio of friends were standing in the middle of a calm street, and Clemont invited Serena over to their home. Serena accepted, and they started to walk as they spoke.

"It's so cool that you're back again!" Bonnie cheered, Dedenne's tail curled around her neck loosely. "What was Hoenn like? How about Sinnoh? Did you do a lot of contests? They look so fun over there- I saw your performances online! I'd love to go to another region these days!"

"They were definitely fun!" Serena agreed, her cheeks rosy and warm from all the attention. "I'm sure you'd love it, Bonnie. How have you two been?"

"Good," Clemont replied, smiling. The bolt-shaped cowlick on the top of his head was a lot smaller now, and even if the inventor was rather short it was clear he'd grown quite a bit. "It's such a coincidence you came back now, actually!"

"Why's that?" Serena inquired, now curious and leaning over to the blonde.

Clemont, seeming to have second-guessed himself, flashed a sheepish smile. "Actually.. you'll see soon enough," he said, chuckling when Serena tilted her head in confusion. Bonnie perked up at that and seemed to pick up on what her older brother was saying. She too flashed a smile to Serena, a glint of mischief behind the seemingly-innocent expression.

Now even more curious but not wanting to spoil any surprises, Serena moved on, asking about Bonnie's adventures around the Kalos region and eagerly looking forward to meeting her new teammates back at their home. The streets of Lumiose were beautiful and bustling under the late afternoon sky; it was almost as if nothing had changed at all since she left. Seeing Bonnie and Clemont as more or less the same was comforting as well. Sure they were older, but granted all of them were. It was almost like they were kids again, traveling around Kalos for the first time with Ash.