CHAPTER 1

3rd POV

"Thank you all for gathering here tonight," Percy said, addressing the crowd of demigods, both Greek and Roman, gathered in the amphitheatre.

He and Chiron had decided, after talking to the cabin counsellors at camp Half-blood, and the praetors at camp Jupiter, that the best way was to break the news to everyone in one go.

"You must be wondering why you are here. Well, I have some news for you all. And after hearing this, you might not be the same again." Everyone began to talk in hushed voices, wondering about what was it that Percy made such a big deal out of it. Chiron stomped his hooves and all the voices died down.

"Our world," Percy continued, "Our own universe, is in danger." Whisperings from the crowd could be heard. "Its very existence is threatened."  Cue more hushed talk. "And it is up to us to save it." This got their attention, all talk died down.

"If we do not act soon, our universe will be destroyed, its existence wiped out from the face and history of the cosmos. As if it never existed in the first place. No life form in the whole cosmos will have any memory of our universe existing, no recollection of the wipe-out event itself ever happening." At this point, everyone looked panicked and scared. Some of the older kids (especially Hermes kids) had disbelief clearly written on their faces, but one look from Chiron and all the doubts and any possibility of this being a massive prank were wiped off their faces.

"Now I know that this is a lot to take in," Percy said, looking at the horrified expressions of some of the younger campers, "seeing that some of you have only recently been introduced to the world of demigods, gods and monsters, but we are going through a time of War. So please bear with it. There is no easier way to put it. this is War." Everyone looked at Chiron, Who nodded, confirming what Percy had just said.

"Well, I owe you an explanation," Percy said, and the demigods looked at him eagerly and nervously at the same time, a general sense of anticipation settling on the crowd.

Percy sighed and said, "This is going to take a long time. Make yourselves comfortable." He closed his eyes as he remembered how it all began, and barely stopped tears that were threatening to show up in his eyes. He buried the pain deep in his heart and steeled his nerves. Taking a deep and shaky breath, he started, "This all started two years ago, when life was still good, and I was spending a nice little break walking on the beach..."

---FLASHBACK---

Percy's POV

I was walking on the beach of camp Half-Blood, wondering how I got so lucky to have Annabeth for myself. The view there was very nice. Calm sea, reflecting the shimmering golden light from the setting sun that filled the evening sky with a brilliant shade of orange. All the sounds of the cool sea breeze blowing through leaves of the trees, the nymphs and dryads all running around, having fun, satyrs playing their reeds, campers practicing their skills in the arena, and the occasional monster in the woods making whatever weird noises they make.

Gaea was put to sleep for at least another couple millennia, Apollo was restored as a god, and things were looking quite peaceful at the moment.

Just then, I heard someone calling my name. I saw Annabeth coming towards me with a worried look on her face and those calculating grey eyes looked a bit dull. "Hey, Annabeth, what's up?" I said.

She looked at me with worry lines etched on her face and it pained me to look at her. I cupped her face in my hands and pushed some stray hair out of her face and behind her ear. "What's the matter, wise girl?" I asked again, a concerned look on my face.

"Dad called today." She said. "He said that I have to go with him. There is something wrong, something very bad that's going on, and it's got something to do with his lineage. Remember Magnus?" My eyes widened, " Your cousin? That Norse undead demigod guy?" "Exactly seaweed brain." She confirmed with a smile. "Well, he has sensed something going wrong. All his gods are worried and even Loki is worried and restless. According to him, that is not good."