23

‡‡

"Dear students, I have an unfortunate announcement to make. The sheriff's office has informed me that one of our beloved students Harrison Owens has been murdered."

The halls stopped. Students had quit talking as they listened to the announcement that their principal had made. Bekah instantly looked down the hall towards James and Robert who had as well looked down the hall towards her. Everything started to move in slow motion, as the announcement ended and students stood there quietly.

"He's dead?" Bekah whispered as Robert and James made their way to her "Apparently so. But when?" Robert looked between his best friend and his sister.

"I heard it was the night of your party." Bianca stood behind James who turned around and raised an eyebrow "Sheriff's daughter, remember?" She reminded the trio as they looked at her wondering how she knew.

"Right Bia. So the night of my party huh?" Bianca nods as she chews on her bottom lip.

"I shouldn't say anything but." Bianca sighs.

"My dad said it happened the night of your party down by Willow's Creek. They have the new kid Devon in mind." Bekah felt her heart stop as she heard Bianca spill the information.

"Wait Devon? Wasn't he at your party?" Robert patted James on the arm who nods "Yeah, he was. Everyone had eyes on him, so it couldn't have been him." James looked back at Bianca who nods slowly "My dad talked to some kids who were at the party, they said he disappeared." Bianca looked at the trio for answers.

Disappeared.

He didn't just disappear, he was with Bekah. She needed to say something to Bianca about it- but she couldn't. It felt as if her mouth was cemented shut, as if her voice box was being suffocated. Bekah was with Devon- she was his alibi. Because they were having sex, but she couldn't admit it.

"Any reason why they picked him aside from that?" Bekah suddenly asked.

"His temper. Plus the fact him and Harrison fought a couple times." Bianca answered "Look that's all I can say right now. I really shouldn't have said that, just be careful." Bianca waved them off as she walked off towards her next class.

"I gotta go!" Bekah jogged to catch up to Bianca desperate to spill the truth.

"Hey Becks!" Bianca smiled as she saw who came to her side "He was with me." Bekah spitted out quickly making Bianca scoff.

"What?" Bianca pulled Bekah close to her walking arms linked together "Devon was with me the night of James' party. He helped me take Robert up to a bed, and then we went to a room alone and-"

"Omg. You guys had sex?" Bianca questioned clearly in love with the drama of it all "Bianca please keep this between us." Bianca looked at her old friend and sighed.

"We are gonna have to find out who killed Harrison. Because if it wasn't Devon that means someone else killed him." Bianca looked at Bekah who nodded slowly.

"What is going on here?" Amelia stepped in front of Bianca and Bekah who suddenly came to a halt in order to not take down Amelia in the process of walking "What?" Bianca shrugged off trying to play it cool.

"Why is this happening? Becks?" Amelia crossed her arms making Bekah stutter for an explanation.

"Oh chill Amelia. Becks and I were just talking about cheer stuff, now if you'll excuse us we have to get to class!" Bianca lied effortlessly.

"I'll see you later Mell." Bekah continued walking with Bianca who was now shoulders deep in Bekah's problem.

"Does she know about your night with Devon?" Bianca looked at Bekah who shook her head "No. You are the only one who knows. Robert doesn't trust him, James would kill him. Amelia just isn't there half the time." Bianca nods "No one else can know right now, not until we can figure this out." Bekah gave a light hearted laugh making Bianca raise a brow.

"You make it sound like we are about investigate Harrison's murder." Bekah explained herself making Bianca giggle.

"Cause we are Becks. Just so we can clear Devon so no one has to know about your night."

‡‡