"Oh. Didn't realize."

It was February 1. To the teachers, that meant that it was time to start preparing the fifth years for OWLs. For many of the kids, that meant finding a date for in 13 days. For Ollie, that meant she'd lasted through the agony of watching Sirius and Ava be together for a month and a half.

After the terrible fight between the friends, Sirius kept trying to make it up to Ollie. She'd forgiven him as soon as he'd apologized, but Sirius thought she was only saying it.

She wasn't just saying it. Ollie wasn't mad at Sirius anymore. Every time she looked at him, it wasn't anger or even jealousy. It was sadness. But it was a sadness she could bear, and one that she could hide well.

She only opened up about it to Remus, her best friend.

"I'm pretty sure it was just Amortentia. That's what Slughorn said, and he's like, THE guy to ask about this. So why is he still with... her," Ollie said, glaring at the wall. Remus was sitting next to her in his bed.

"Because," he explained, "he thinks she likes him, and doesn't want to dump her and hurt her feelings." Ollie looked up at the much taller boy. "And, he probably likes her at least a bit."

"Urgh," she whined. "Why does he have to be so... perfect? Why can't he just be a fuck-up?"

Remus smiled slightly, "Well then you wouldn't like him."

Ollie looked at her friend, whacking him with the pillow she was holding. "I just don't think she's that good of an influence!" she lied, taking on a defensive tone of voice.

"Oh," Remus said, rolling his amber eyes. "Didn't realize."

Just then, as Ollie smacked Remus in the shoulder, Sirius opened the door. Ollie looked at him, the warm, fuzzy feeling and the aching sadness bubbling back up.

"Oh, hey, Remus. Hello, Madame Ollie," he greeted his friends, pretending to bow. "How truly corking to see you two."

Ollie rolled her eyes, forcing herself to not laugh, but unable to hold back the corner of her mouth twitching up. "Absolutely stellar to see you, Black."

"Astronomical, even," Remus added, catching on to what Ollie was doing.

"Celestial, in fact," Ollie giggled.

Sirius caught on to what the friends were doing.

"It's been hounding me to see you, Remus," Sirius said, laughing.

Remus glared at his friend for a moment before a smile formed on his scarred face.

"I know," Sirius said, grinning, "you love me."

Ollie laughed, slipping her arm under Remus's. "Isn't that right, Remus?" she teased him. "We love that idiot, don't we?"

Remus laughed, a tiny pink undertone in his face.

Ollie did love him. He was her best friend, and she loved all her friends. She may be mad at Sirius right now, and she may have a little crush on him, but they were still friends. And they'd still kill for each other. 

She'd stopped avoiding him. She just lived with the knowledge that he liked Ava. And that was okay. He was happy. And if Sirius was happy with Ava, and James was happy chasing relentlessly after Lily, and Alice was happy with Frank, and Peter was happy without anyone, and Remus was happy alone, then Ollie could be happy without anyone.

After all, that's all it was. It was a crush, and she wasn't over it, and she didn't feel like she was getting over it, but she knew that she was starting to.

Sirius broke Ollie out of her trance. "What are you staring at?" he asked, smirking. Ollie blinked, realizing that her eyes had drifted to his collarbone. Remus was silently collapsing with suppressed laughter as Sirius's smirk grew larger and larger.

"Got lost in thought," Ollie said.

"Sickle for your thoughts?" Sirius asked, pulling the silver coin from his pocket.

Ollie smiled a sad little smile, before shaking her head. "I think I want these ones to stay where they are."

Remus's laughter began to leak from his mouth. Sirius and Ollie looked at him, confused.

"How about you, Remus? Sickle for your thoughts?" Sirius asked. 

Remus choked out from amid the gales of laughter, "You guys act like an old married couple!"

Ollie and Sirius looked at each other, shrugged, before Ollie said, "What about you and Sirius, though?"

Remus's laughter died down a bit, but he slipped out a quick, "No, you and Sirius."

Ollie rolled the dark green eyes that she'd gotten from her mother.

Her mother, Akiko Sato, looked incredibly similar to Ollie. The two shared the same nose, the same eyes, the same facial structure, and the same frame. Mrs. Sato was lovely woman, despite how protective over her youngest daughter she could be.

When Echo, Ollie's older sister, still lived with the rest of her family, she'd have her friends, Siara and Oliver, and her then-boyfriend, Solaris, over for holidays. Akiko knew that Solaris wasn't particularly fond of Ollie, and Ollie didn't get on very well with her sister's friends. So, she'd allow her other daughter to invite one or two of her friends over as well.

11-year-old, 12-year-old and 13-year-old Olivia would have Remus and Marlene over, always. Echo moved out when Ollie was fourteen, and now she was fifteen. With only Mr. and Mrs. Sato there, the house had become rather dull.

Ollie had gotten the wavy and unruly hair from her father. She'd also gotten the sarcastic humour, verbal emphasis and sassy attitudes from her father. She'd learned about being on guard at all times, about writing, and even how to read and talk from her sister.

Echo and Ollie had one of the closest bonds two sisters that hardly ever saw each other could have. They didn't owl often, didn't see each other often, and didn't didn't have many pictures or anything of the other. Ollie had one framed picture that she kept on her bedside, and Echo had one of her younger sister.

Echo's husband, Solaris, didn't like Ollie that much, but Echo loved her. So, Solaris tolerated his wife's fond words about the teenager. Because he loved his wife. Anything to make Echo happy.

---

Wow, did I just write this as a filler with some more actually relevant things?? Yes. FAMILY BACKSTORY BAYBEE!! well ily and buh bye loves *mwah* - Cat < 3

also I siriusly enjoyed writing this ;)

1016 words