Sérénité (Serenity)

Dear Lord up in heaven. It's me, your son. Valentino Versace-Versailles. I know, I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now, but if you can please just hear me out. Father, you sent your son from heaven to die for our sins on the cross. You forgive us for our every sin. If you're the alpha and the omega, King above all kings. No one as merciful as you God, only your love unconditional and I know I won't ever be worthy of it. If you can forgive Pierre for his sins then I come to you today lord, humbled before you on my knees. I ask you for your forgiveness lord, for I have forgotten my sins of yesterday, I know my sins of today and I have yet to know my sins of tomorrow. You know me better than anyone else. I beg for your salvation lord.

Amen

*Gunshot*

At midnight on the dot we were on the rooftop of the Burj Khalifa. My hand extended holding the gun in my hand. Pierre's body stiffened and leaned backward over the ledge. His feet rose over his center of mass and he toppled over the balcony. He was dead long before he reached the ground. The fall was just a means to make sure he wasn't going to survive in the slightest. My breathing resumed. I walked back into the hotel and went to my room. By the time the sun rises, there would be no record of Dionysius Castellanos. He was never born, so he never died. It was a nine hour flight to Venice. We left immediately that night. There was no record of us being in the hotel, instead we made it seem as though one of his own killed him. My men boarded the first commercial flight out of Dubai to Venice. There they would dispatch and return to France and ensure all else is well before my arrival. I took my private jet and made it there within seven hours.

I drove to Ca Maria Adele where she was to stay whilst the palace was constantly swarmed with the press. Our fake doubles inhabited the palace as to keep the power in control. I took the elevator up to her floor. The massive bouquet of roses in my arms reminded me of how much apologizing I'm going to have to do. I owe her the world and more, and I'll completely understand if she doesn't forgive me. The doors of the elevator open up and I walk towards her room. Giovanni makes eye contact with me, bows and opens the door to her room. I set the flowers down on the table and I catch sight of her on the balcony in a white dress. The wind blows her dress softly and I stopped for a second before approaching her from behind. I take her hand in mine and she ripped it out of mine and walked back into the bedroom where she'd be away from me. I quickly followed after her but she surprised me when she stopped in her steps and slapped me across the face as hard as she could.

"Okay I deserved that." I said as I rubbed my face. She's got a hefty slap for a five foot woman.

"How could you do that to me Valentino!" she yelled and reached into her purse, shaking the letter at me.

"I'm sorry my love. That's all you've got to say after you drugged me? My child is somewhere in Venice and that stupid, chunky, waste of oxygen and sperm wouldn't even tell me anything about you or even offer me some sort of companionship in this solitude and you Emperor of Versailles you've got some nerve thinking I'm going to forgive you so easily with that mound of roses you've brought as bribery !"

"Baby, Giovanni doesn't speak English or French at all."

"I don't care!"

"Okay baby what exactly did you want me to do huh? Let Pierre kill us. Let him terrorize us and Vince forever?" I said raising my voice at her. My heart felt like it'd stop beating immediately.

"Sure my execution wasn't exactly the best-"

"You're damned right it wasn't."

"Will you let me finish!"