A day in the life of Izuku

Izuku's pov
Beep beep beep be-
Rolling over, I wince as I reach to turn my alarm off, seeing my phone flashing 4 numbers - 07:00. I managed to get 3 hours of sleep! That's great! That's the most I've gotten in weeks! So why do I still feel so tired.. urgh.

Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I sit up and slowly stretch before dragging myself out of bed. C'mon, you can do this. Just another day. You've got this! You've totally.. totally got this! I take a deep breath and smile. Just one more day.
Looking up at my mirror, I'm met with my reflection. Eyes sunken, large dark eyebags, ugly freckles that litter my cheeks, dull hair that's dying at the tips, a crooked nose and an ugly ass scar across my eye. Aren't I just beautiful. Rolling my eyes, I step away from the mirror, glancing back slightly before shaking my head. Now is not the time! I walk to the sink and turn the cold tap on, splashing water against my face to wake myself up.

Glancing over at my phone, I look towards the time. 07:45!? What! How!? Running towards my drawer, I take my clothes and quickly put them on, before grabbing my phone and racing out the door. 15 minutes! I'm going to be soooo late!

* * * Timeskip * * *

The door squeaks as I try to quietly enter the shop. I look around slowly and find the regulars sat, enjoying their meals. There's Mrs Taylor! Oh! And her husband is here too! Wow it's been awhile since I've seen him. I wonder how they all are. Looking to the left, I wince as the clock reads 8:07. I'm 7 minutes late! Never trust me to get on time ahhh!

"IZU!? IZU OH MY GOD" Akari rushes towards me and pulls me in a tight hug before backing away and looking me up and down.
"Are you okay!? You're never late! Are you not well? Do you want a drink? Some food? Wait no! Just sit down for a bit and I'll make you comfortable!" She rambles on as I smile and tap her arm softly, while shaking my head.
I slowly move my hands to sign: I am okay, I lost track of time is all. Please don't worry Aki
She takes a deep breath and pulls me into a hug before nodding. "Are you sure? You gave me such a fright!"
I nod and smile once more before waving and walking towards the counter. Better catch up on missed time! Grabbing my apron, I pull it over my head and tie it around my waist. Oh god.. imma need to lose some weight to even be able to tie this. I roll my eyes and pull a seat to the counter and sit down, waiting for a customer.

* * * Timeskip * * *

Wiping the table down, I gently push all the chairs back under and throw the wipe in the bin, only to hear the door bell ringing, to notify us of somebody entering. Looking up, I put a well-rehearsed smile on my face and take my pen and paper out of my pocket. Wait, I have seen these kids before! Oh my god! It's Shoto, Fuyumi and Natsuo! Endewhore's kids! They are so cool, like holy shit. Not even just their quirks, Natsuo has the best jokes, Fuyumi has the best cooking and Shoto is such a great guy to talk to! Oh my god, I need to go say hi to them! It's been so long since we talked! But what if they don't want to talk.. what if I'm just that weird guy that they talked to because they pitied him. Fuck it's probably just that huh..
Oh. Right.. it doesn't even matter. They don't know me as Izuku Midoriya.

Casting my eyes down, I pull on my work cap so it covers more of my face. I can't be recognised. Everything will go to shit.. so act. It's just acting, I won't be lying to them, just merely acting. Right, yeah! I can do this. Taking a slow breath, I walk to behind the counter, where the 3 teens stand talking amongst themselves cheerfully. Well, 2 of them talking and the other listening. I bite my lip and tap on the counter to try get there attention. Cmon.. cmon.. fuck! They didn't hear.
Wincing, I tap on the counter slightly louder, not making eye contact with anybody. Shoto looks over in my direction and I freeze. It's fine. It's fine. I'm fine. He doesn't know. Take a deep breath. It's fine.

Painting a smile on my face, I quickly write on my notepad: "What can I get you?" And push it towards him.
Shoto raises an eyebrow before coughing to get his siblings attention. Fuyumi jumps when she looks up to see me, "I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!"
Smiling, I shake my head and look back at Shoto, hoping he gets the hint to order. He pushes the notepad towards Natsuo while looking at the counter, avoiding eye contact. Huh? Is he okay?
"1 vanilla latte, 1 java chip frappuccino and 1 hot chocolate please. Oh! And a slice of chocolate cake!" Natsuo says as I quickly put it into the system and show them the price. To this, Shoto reaches forward and swipes a golden credit card, which I see the signature of endeavor. I smirk at this and point them towards an empty table in the corner of our cafe.
I open the door to the back and scan the room for Akari, scrunching my face in confusion when she isn't there. Where the hell is she? She is supposed to be getting stuff done back here!
Shutting the door, I turn around and freeze. Holy frick. It's All Might! Frick frick frick frick frick! What the hell! This isn't normal! First the Todorokis and now All Might? They have to know.. I need to get out of here. I can't let them get me! I need to escape!

"Young boy? Is everything okay?" I freeze. What do I do. What do I do. What do I do! My hearts races as my breathing speeds by a little. Frick! He must know. He wouldn't come to a small cafe like this! It's owned by a 20 year old, nobody that big knows about it! It's on the outskirts of town.. it's away from his hero work route. I did everything I could to avoid him, yet here I am.
"Hello?" All Might waves his hand infront of my face with a confused expression. I blink quickly, snapping out of my thoughts. I won't get anywhere if I just stand here! Taking a slow breath, I look up at All Might, bowing slightly as an apology.
I sign: I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to zone out! My bad!
He just stares at me blankly before looking around confused, "Uh, I don't understand. Could anybody help?"

* * * Writer's Note * * *

Hello! Thank you for reading! I'm new to writing and this is actually my first book so criticism is welcomed!

.

Akari: