the umbrella scene

marinette stepped out of the entrance of francois dupont, she grabbed the handles of her backpack and looked up at the gloomy mid-day sky.
"shit, it really had to rain huh?".

she pulled her bag off of her shoulders and peered inside, she had no umbrella, great.

footsteps followed from behind her, the footsteps in question belonged to adrien agreste, the new boy in her class. he didn't exactly have an outstanding impression on marinette, and she wasn't exactly keen on associating herself with a life-long friend of chloè bourgeois.

adrien saw marinette and approached her, he had been told by his other classmates that marinette was a kind individual who cared deeply for others, so he wasn't exactly nervous to approach her and right his wrongs.

adrien took a deep breath in and spoke. "listen, i know im not exactly your favourite person right now, but please hear me out..." he really wanted to get to know this girl, she seemed like she meant well.

reluctantly, marinette turned around to face the blonde. "mhm, im listening..." she wasn't really in the mood to further be mocked by one of chloe's minions, but this one seemed like he had good intentions (for now).

adrien began bluffing, although he may not admit it himself, he was a nervous wreck.

"I was just trying to take the chewing gum off your seat, i swear. and, i was stressing! i mean, ive never been to school before, and chloe's the only friend ive ever had and i-" marinette cut him off, she knew he wasn't lying. he honestly just didn't seem like the cruel, bruising type. the girl felt foolish as she had jumped to the gun and misjudged someone who was purely trying to make friends, and had completely regular intentions.

marinette let out a deep sigh of disappointment, the feeling she felt towards herself for not trusting this boy at first glance.

"listen, im sorry... really. i shouldn't have jumped to conclusions... maybe we should... start over? they stopped and took a second to stare at one another. there was something about the other that intrigued them.

marinette shook her head and looked back up towards the murky sky. her conversation with adrien had completely distracted her from the current state of the weather.

"and im not exactly looking forward to walking home in THAT..." marinette muttered gloomily, pointing up at the thunderous rain.

adrien took a second to glance at the girl infront of him, people were definitely right about her. she really did mean well, and this was the least he could do. without hesitation, he passed marinette his black umbrella.

"here, take this. you need it more than i do."

adrien handed her the umbrella, and in that moment, they shared brief eye contact through the exchange, marinette being the stereotypical clutz she was known as by her classmates, accidentally closed the umbrella over her head, causing it to shutter over her rosy cheeks. adrien couldn't help but laugh, nobody had made him laugh like this ever. nobody except his mother. marinette has been one of the first girls he's had a fluent conversation with (besides his assistants and make-up artists).

there was some kind of warm and comforting aroma around marinette that was one of which he couldn't get enough of.

"you're really funny marinette!... see you tomorrow, then?" she didn't really have a choice, seen as it was a school-night. even then, marinette couldn't refuse.

"yes, o- ofcourse!.. friends?" did she just stutter? she never stuttered. except when... oh god.

adrien swiftly replied, "friends." he took a turn and strolled down the stairs towards his ride. however, turning back around before reaching the bottom of the stairs.

he spoke up towards marinette, who was frantically rummaging through her backpack for her chemistry book.

"it was really nice meeting you, marinette!" adrien gushed. surprised that he even remembered she was there, marinette sarcastically took to a curtsey. "likewise, agreste!"

a smile remained glued to adriens face as he leaned into the car. his eyes still fixated on his new friend. he whispered towards his egotistical kwami, who just witnessed the whole interaction. "i can't believe how amazing today has been plagg! and I've made another friend!" adrien exclaimed.

plagg had been with enough dense, male companions to know how adrien TRULY felt.

"she's awesome, funny, and she lives in a bakery! first day of school and we've already got two lovebirds!" the hyped up kwami whispered with an almost flirty side-eye.

adrien rolled his eyes, "yea whatever, shes-" he froze, taking some time to stare back up at the girl, of whom was waving at him from outisde his car window. plagg signalled for his clueless guardian to continue, for gods sakes, the boy couldn't even finish his sentence!.

"she's... just a friend" adrien stated as the car drove off and away towards the agreste manor.
"yeaaa..., whatever you say blondie"

marinette threw herself straight onto her bed, her blush-red face printed in the sheets.

it didn't take her long to come to the conclusion that she had fallen in love with this boy.