2

The days seemed to go by faster and faster since meeting this new follower.
He had blonde adjacent hair, strong cheekbones and beautiful green eyes.
For centuries, I don't believe I've ever fallen in love. Much less with a mortal.
But he listened. He was appreciative of my small gifts, and in turn he gave me a portion of the days harvest.
"You know...these sacrifices are hardly necessary."
"I love showing my appreciation towards you. Isn't that what followers are supposed to do?"
It was at that moment I realised that he wasn't doing this for himself. The things he was leaving...no longer sacrifices, but gifts.
"Of course. I thank you for your support."
He gave a quick bow, before leaving.
I stared at him, watching him walk by.
I knew I was in love with the mortal, and yet I didn't care.
I didn't think about how he would soon perish, and I would be forever left with a hole in my heart.
I focused on the present. He was here with me now, and that is all that matters.
To me at least.
They called me insane, stupid, and every other name under the sun.
But I knew what I felt. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

A/N : Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter!! Going through a bit of a block today :')