III: Harmless Flowers

(🌸) "Detention the whole week for writing notes while I'm talking, Mr. Tewkesbury!"

Class was stupid

Class was stupid. She loved being homeschooled better. It meant classes with her mother; chemistry, fighting, all sorts of things. But now, she was stuck in real class instead. It meant studying and tests and listening to the teacher drone on for endless hours.

So instead, she decided to doodle on her seat-partner's notebook. The only acceptable thing to do. Obviously, she wasn't going to doodle on her own - that would ruin hers! So the only option was her seat-partner's.

Of course, she drew a flower. They weren't exactly her favourite, but she couldn't draw anything else, at least, not well, so she drew a flower. And some of them had meaning, which she liked.

Her particular seat-partner for this class was one of the more well-liked. He was annoying. Constantly asked questions about what happened, and fell asleep in class, for God's sake! Although every once in a while, he did happen to be useful. "I'm not completely an idiot, you know," he'd say.

It didn't matter. She hated him - wholeheartedly, she'd have you know - and roll her eyes or scoff whenever he asked a stupid question. And the name! What kind of a name was Tewksbury? She didn't even know his first, real name, but then, she supposed, most people didn't.

She tapped her pencil against her chin (ow) before deciding on a flower to draw. She knew the perfect one. But first she took out her binder, which was messy and full of random paper (was that an essay she'd forgotten to turn in from last year?) and found her coloured pencils.

She sketched, focusing on the drawing rather than the lecture, and inked with a black flare she had found on a desk in a class earlier this morning. She thought it was hers - she lost a lot of things. She coloured with her orange coloured pencil, then shaded with an ochre colour. (Yes, she was very hardcore with her coloured pencils.)

Tewksbury stirred, and she blew out a deep breath. He grinned shyly at her, and she sighed. She needed to focus on the (stupid!!) lecture anyway. Where was her pencil again?

She glanced at Tewksbury again, and he was bent over... on the cover of his notebook. He stretched briefly, and she could see he had drawn a meadow around it - filled with red roses and forget-me-nots - and then her brain exploded.

Tewksbury didn't think that- that she was into him, did she? He kept grinning at the drawing, he was looking like the cat who ate the canary -

They hated each other- nothing would change- she didn't want anything to change- she was fine hating him, yeah? It was mutual, there was no way-

She was taken out of her spiraling thoughts by a small Post-It brushing her hand. She looked up. He was gesturing at the note. She opened it.

dw, it read. ik u still hate me. thats what orange lilies mean right? Various emojis ended the note. She hated him so much. Stupid Tewksbury, pretending to have a crush on her. Though she couldn't lie, she had had her hopes up for the slightest bit there, for no reason at all.

Another note brushed her hand. lmaoo im not completely an idiot you know haha - buuuut can i have those notes, this one said. The notes? Again?

Where were her notes, speaking of? Had she misplaced them? And then she realised. This whole time, the whole class period, she had forgotten to take notes. She looked at him, shook her head no.

A third note was tossed at her. mayb u just have 2 come to my house to study 2gether?? ;) Ew. But then she looked at him.

He looked hopeful, and maybe a little bit shy - and cute? Okay, so maybe she didn't hate him that much. (But she was still firmly against any dating ideas; that was stupid and would never, ever happen.)

She found Post-its of her own. In careful writing, she wrote Fine. You clearly need tutoring anyway, especially in grammar. I'll see you tomorrow, after class. Don't be late and wait for me next to the field. If you're not there, I'm walking myself home.

He grinned ear to ear, stretching it so much he practically looked like a clown. So it was definitely the worst time for the teacher to notice him.

"Mr. Tewksbury. I understand you are... privileged but that does not give you the right to draw in class, do you understand? Detention tomorrow, and see me after school, please," he chastised, before lecturing again.

Tewksbury nodded quickly and then scribbled another note. pffft my grammar is perfect thx whats wrong why anyways same thing but thursday. k?

"Detention the whole week for writing notes while I'm talking, Mr. Tewksbury!" the teacher bellowed.

"Last note, last note!" The class laughed. She picked up the Post-It. okay nvm txt me @  (He'd actually written an 'at' symbol, the crazy boy) 486–521–6768. 

Cat Talks!

Cat Talks!

this one gives me so many lily x james (flowerpot / lames / jily / whatever new name sirius has for this / moony can't stop this can he / oh no this is turning into a marauders headcanon stop me) vibes. honestly not even kidding tho ...  and it's only like 850 words!? why do i write short chapters, give me mental stability to write longer chapters!?