2

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I look to see Droid calling me on Instagram. I answer it and turn off the camera quickly.

Sky
Droid

Hello?

Hey how's it going? Did I wake you?

It's going good and yea, but I need to get up anyway. It's already 11.

Oh well I was wondering if maybe you wanted to play a game with me.

Yea of course. What game did you wanna play?

What multiplayer game do you have?

I have Minecraft, Gang Beasts, Mario Kart, I have a lot of games.

Hmmm...it has been awhile since I've played Minecraft. Wanna play that?

Sounds good. I love Minecraft

Cool. Let me sign in and we can make a world!

Ok

I smile as I jump out of bed and open up discord. Droid sent me a friend request and I accepted it. I open Minecraft on my second monitor and make a world. Droid joins and we play for hours.
We were about halfway done with our house when I hear a door open on Droid's end. "Yo do you wanna get food? No one feels like cooking unless you do" "no I don't. Sure just let me sign off and say bye to my friend".

He called me his friend. I felt my heart swell. Honestly Droid is so much nicer than I ever imagined. If I can be his friend I will be extremely grateful.

"Grizzy and Pezzy are ready to eat so we're gonna get food. It was fun playing with you. Are you doing anything tomorrow?" I feel my smile widen. "Just gotta come up with an idea for a video. Nothing to bad. Why what's up?". "Well I was wondering if maybe you wanted to play with me, Grizzy, and Pezzy. We are recording Warzone tomorrow and we could use a 4th. Would you like to join?". I feel my heartbeat quicken slightly. "I-I don't know Droid. What if they don't like me?". "I'm sure they will. I mean I like you. You're funny, smart, and good at gaming! They'll love you!". "Ok fine. You've convinced me. I'll join you guys. What time?". "Well your time would be that so yea. Around 11 again". "Ok sounds cool. I'll be there" I say as I smile. "Ok I gotta go before they start yelling at me. Bye see you tomorrow!" He says as he hangs up. I smile to myself as I think about tomorrow. Another fun day ahead of me.

-Later that night-

My eyes open randomly. Suddenly I'm not tired, I'm awake, I'm looking around my dark room, and I can't move. Is this sleep paralysis? Why is my body refusing to move. Nothings happening. I see a blob like creature- no it's more like a mist creature? A creature made of mist?
It looks at me with it's dimly lit eyes that flicker like a dying flashlight and it growls a growl so deep that it's almost like a bass guitar...maybe lower. It lunges at me and I shoot up in my bed panting, shaking, and sweating like crazy. I'm too afraid to move so I just hug my knees to my chest and hide my face.

-A few hours later-

I finally lift my head away from my knees as I hear the birds chirping outside my window. I relax and let my legs sprawl out as I lay back and sigh. "Why do I always end up having that dream every other night?" I say as I feel around on my bedside table for my phone. I grab it and look at the time. 7 am. Well I guess since I'm not going to sleep I could get some editing done. I think to myself and nod. I sit up and get out of my bed. I stretch and walk downstairs to get a water. I open my fridge and grab a water. I take a drink as I close the fridge and walk away. I walk back upstairs and go back into my room and over to my set up. I sit down at my desk and get to work.

-Later-

I jolt awake and grab my phone. I answer the call and rub my eyes.

Hello?

Hey are you still down to record?

Yea sorry I must've fell asleep while editing

Oh well Pezzy and Grizzy canceled because they were up really late last night so they're taking a day off to rest a bit.

Well they need rest. So is it just gonna be us?

Well my friends Matt and Dooo said that they would play if it's ok with you

Of course it's ok with me. I would like to meet them

Ok well we're opening the game and setting things up so can you be on in like 2 minutes?

Yea

Ok see you then. I'll send you the discord invite

Ok

I hang up and smile. This is just what I need today. I need to laugh and meet new people. Maybe that'll take my mind off things.