𝟓

James Potter would like to consider himself quite fit

    James Potter would like to consider himself quite fit. He enjoys Quidditch and exercise and prides himself on his stamina. What he truly hated was running. He loathed it. And yet, here he was, running through the different corridors and halls of Hogwarts looking for Thea Fairchild.

    By the time he reached her, he was out of breath. Thea was at the Library with Marlene and Lily, catching up on their homework when a wheezing James Potter pulled to a chair next to Thea and collapsed on it.

    "I need–" Wheeze. "To talk–" Wheeze. "To you." Wheeze."

    Thea excused herself and stood up, dragging James behind her. They reached the corridor, but James still couldn't speak properly, so Thea just waited until he did.

    "Okay. I'm good now."

    "Great." She deadpanned. "Now what is it?"

    James pursed his lips and looked at the floor guiltily. "Promise you won't get mad at me."

    Thea narrowed her eyes. "What did you do?"

    "You have to promise before I say anything!"

    "James. Talk. Now."

    The boy sighed and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "ImighthaveaccidentallytoldRemusyoulikehim."

    Thea blinked. "What?"

    "Imighthaveacc–"

    "I heard you the first time!" She yelled. "James, what the hell? I trusted you!"
     "It was an accident!" He tried explaining.

    "How do you accidentally tell Remus I like him?!"

    "Sirius was mocking me!" Thea whacked him upside the head. "Ow!"

    "So now Sirius knows too? Great! This is fan-fucking-tastic!"

    "Peter does as well." He mumbled, looking down at the floor shamefully.

    "Merlin James. Why? All you had to do was keep your mouth shut." Thea leaned on the wall and slid down until she was sitting on the floor.

    James copied her actions, sitting beside her. "Remus wanted to apologize to you so I pulled out my diary which has–"

    "You have a diary?"

    "Not the point!" He groaned. "Anyway, I have a bunch of ideas about how I want to do things with Lily but he didn't want to listen. So I told him I'm his best shot since I'm basically your best friend."

    "Lily is my best friend."

    "That's beside the point! Merlin woman, let me speak." He threw his arms up in aggravation. "Sirius got all pissy and said that he was your best friend and we got into a tiny argument. I let it slip that you confided in me about your feelings toward Remus. I'm so sorry, Thea. You trusted me and I broke it."