The Underdog

Cecil was always the underdog of the family. His parents had always payed attention to Bob. He always felt so alone. He never had anyone to go to when he needed a friend. It was almost Bob's birthday, a time of the year where he is always ignored. He didn't wanna show up. He had argued with his parents the night before. 

When Bob arrived, Cecil was forced to answer the door to day hello to Bob. They weren't close anymore, so Cecil answered emotionlessly. 

"Hello, Bob." Cecil groaned. 

"Well if it isn't my dear brother Cecil." said Bob, "Why the long face?"

"This isn't funny, Bob! I can tell you're about to make a fool out of me, aren't you?" Cecil raised his voice. 

"Cecil, I'm not afraid of you!" Bob laughed. 

"JUST CUT IT OUT, WILL YA? YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHY? YOU STOLE MY SPOTLIGHT, ALL OF IT!!!!! AND GUESS WHAT?! OUR PARENTS ROOTED FOR YOU AND GAVE NO ATTENTION TO ME! THEY WERE NEVER PROUD OF ME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! THEY LOVE YOU MORE THAN ME!!!" Tears started going down Cecil's eyes slowly. 

"That's because you're a spoiled brat who always wants your own way, Cecil! You don't always get what you want." Bob smirked. 

Cecil growled and suddenly pushed Bob to the ground without thinking. He started pounding Bob as he cried.  "YOU IDIOT!!!!! YOU FREAK!!!! YOU SON OF A-" 

"CECIL!!!! STOP THAT!!!!" their father, Robert Sr. yelled. Robert Sr. got hold of Cecil and dragged him away. 

Bob was heavily bleeding. Judith called the ambulance, and Bob was sent to the hospital. 

It had been 10 hours since the incident. Robert Sr. decided to take Cecil to see Bob so hey could finally get along. Cecil had his hands in his pocket and rolled his eyes as they got to the office. 

When they were directed to the room Bob was in, Robert Sr. looked at Bob all worried. Bob was okay, but badly injured. 

"Bob?" Cecil paused. 

"Cecil. If you are here apologize to me, don't even bother." Bob was clearly in distress and pain. 

It was at that moment Cecil realized what he had done. Tears fell down his cheeks. 

"Bob, please. I didn't mean to. . . I'm sorry! I'm sorry Bob, I'm sorry!" Cecil kneeled as he wept. 

"Get out of here." Bob told him. 

"IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT THEN!" Cecil ran out the room and sat in the hall as he put his head down on his knees and cried. 

"Why am I still here? He said to himself. I'm such a bad person. I don't deserve to exist. . ."

Back in the room, Bob began crying too. "I should have forgave him. What is wrong with me? Im such a bad person. I don't deserve to exist. . ." His father rubbed his head. 

"It isn't your fault, Bob." He teared up.