Chapter 10

6 months later

Stiles walks into the communal floor, and everyone's jaw drops.

"Do I look bad?." Stiles panics looking down at his baby blue button-up, skinny dark blue jeans and white leather trainers.

"No. You look so grown-up." Phil says getting up to have a closer look at his nephew. "Your mother would be so proud of the man you've become."

"Thanks, Uncle Phil." Stiles says, tearing up. "You're going to make me cry."

Stiles pats his pocket and lets out a sigh of relief.

"You okay Stiles?." Bucky asks, noticing.

"Yeah buck. I was making sure I picked up Steve's present." Stiles replies.

"What did you get him sweetie?." Pepper asks.

"I made it." Stiles says, pulling the box out of his pocket.

"What did you make?." Clint asks.

"You will have to wait to find out." Stiles winks.

Before anyone can answer, Steve, walks out of the elevator. Stiles quickly puts the box back in his pocket while Steve isn't looking.

"Look at our boys." Bucky says to Sam, tearing up. "They're growing up so fast."

"Bucky, leave them alone. You're embarrassing them." Sam answers watching as Bucky takes pictures of them, trying to get the phone out of his boyfriend's hands.

"Anyway he's our boy." Tony said, pointing to himself and Pepper.

Tony was so proud of Stiles. He's come along way the last 6 months. He still has nightmares, and panic attacks, but he is finally happy and feels loved by his new family. Stiles quit Shield, he enjoyed working with Tony in the lab and it brought them even closer. Fury wasn't too happy, but understood and said there would always be a place for him. Stiles did agree to help out if needed, if there was anything supernatural related.

"Ready to go, Baby?." Steve asks Stiles.

"Yep." Stiles replies.

"Bye, guys. Have a nice evening." Pepper says.

"Thanks, mum." Stiles replies.

Before they go Tony hugs Stiles, telling him he is proud of him, and how handsome he looks.

After Tony finally let's go, Steve takes Stiles hand, and they make their way to the elevator where Jarvis takes them to the garage.

**

The car ride is filled with small talk and laughter before Steve pulls up to Brooklyn's Botanical Gardens.

"Have you been nosing at my list of places I want to go to in New York?." Stiles asks.

"No, I remembered you talking about wanting to come here after one of our all-night chats." Steve replies.

When they both struggle to sleep, they spend the night talking and cuddling. Sometimes they watch movies or a new tv show together. Stiles also teaches Steve to bake, well he tries.

"You're the best." Stiles says before kissing Steve.

While in the park they take a walk through The Shakespeare Garden of English Plants and Poetry. Stiles smiles while looking at the rose bush.

Steve smiles, he loves seeing stiles so happy and carefree. They make their way to Cranford Rose Garden of Fragrant Roses, Lovely Wildflowers and Classic Sculptures.

As they walk through the garden, they come across a statue.

"The rose of yesterday, a bronze figure statue of a young woman holding a butterfly." Stiles informs Steve while reading the sign.