Chapter 4 Our Little Secret Joan's POV

Joan yawned before taking another bite of her McMuffin. She reached for her coffee as Sue took the seat in front of hers, a tray in hand with her usual order from the breakfast menu: pancakes and orange juice.

"Morning, sleepyhead!" Sue teased. Her long black hair was tied in a ponytail with a pink hair tie to match her lipstick. She was wearing a yellow shirt and black jeans with black shoes to match.

Sue was always the morning person between the two. She was full of energy while Joan was still groggy, but alas she had a morning class and thus had no choice but to wake up early, but Sue's smile made her feel like she had the energy to face the day ahead. Well... almost, at least. Once a night owl, always a night owl.

"Morniiiing." Joan replied, yawning and stretching her arms in the air.

"Wow, at least act like you're excited to see me." Sue laughed.

"I aaaam! I swear! But babe, it's 7 am. You know I'm barely functional at these hours."

Joan began to reach for Sue's cheek to brush it, but quickly retracted her arm.

Almost forgot.

She instead settled for holding Sue's hand under the table, a hidden little oasis, away from prying eyes.

She continued playing with Sue's fingers under the table, only ever letting go to sip her coffee or take another bite of her McMuffin.

"Ano'ng oras ulit class mo?" Sue asked.

"We have around... 30 minutes." Joan answered.

"Make it 45, I'll drive you to school." Sue replied.

"I can walk, don't worry about me." Joan protested in response.

"I know you can, but don't you want to spend a little more time with me?" Sue said with a teasing smile.

"Alright, fine. But I can't extend my stay in your car this time. I can't be late again."

Sue leaned into Joan's ear and whispered.

"As if you can resist."

You know just how to play me, don't you, Susan...

Joan smiled at Sue before drinking the rest of her coffee.

"As my ASF mentor, I'd think you should be encouraging me to get to class on time." She teased.

"...but in that case, we better leave early. I'm done eating." Joan got up, grabbed her bag and motioned for Sue to follow with a wink.

Sue took the driver's seat as well as Joan's hand. What they were looking forward to, however, started when they arrived at the school parking lot.

"We still have 15 minutes before your class." Sue said, getting out of the car just to re-enter at the back row.

Joan did the same and sat next to Sue, excitedly planting a kiss on her cheek. She felt Sue's arms begin to wrap around her body and she allowed herself to be absorbed into the older girl. Joan felt Sue's breathing on her back and began breathing in sync as if the two had become one. After a while, Joan slid down, allowing her head to rest on Sue's lap.

"Don't fall asleep, ah. May klase ka pa." Sue reminded Joan.

"God, you don't have to remind me." Joan replied.

Sue looked down, straight into Joan's eyes and Joan could swear she saw entire galaxies in them.

"You're so cute when you look at me like that." Sue said, now caressing Joan's cheek.

"Mas cute ka." Joan replied.

Cute is an understatement. Napakaganda mo, Sue.

The two existed in their own world, behind the tinted windows of Sue's car. And it was always like this for them. No outsiders were ever allowed to see what went on between them.

Oh, what I'd give just to at least hold your hand out there.

The moment was abruptly ended by an alarm going off on Joan's phone.

"That's my cue." Joan said, getting up and opening the car door, not before giving Sue a final kiss before leaving.

"Pick me up after class?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later. Love you!"

"Love you more!"

Oh, you have no idea how much, Susan. And I'd show it to the whole world if you'd let me.