❄︎ Part 14 - December 04.1

Y/N Y/L/N

It's just gotten dark and I'm watching another movie on the couch in the living room when I feel light kisses on my neck. "Hey baby," he sits down next to me and puts an arm around my shoulder. "Hey," I answer him back and look into his perfect brown eyes. "I need to talk to you about something," concerned, he takes my hand kisses the back of my hand. My heart is beating double time because I don't know what he's going to tell me now. "Starting a conversation with this doesn't mean anything good," he laughs lightly and brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear with his hand. "I'm not breaking up with you don't worry," I snort out in relief and look at him. How can a man be so perfect? "Then what is it?", I asked him.

"As you know, we're going to my parents' house today. But when I heard we were invited to dinner, I realized it's not just my parents who will be eating with us. My grandmother will also be there. How should I put it further? Please don't take anything to heart when she says something," with a raised eyebrow I look at him. "What do you mean?", I take my hand out of his, which as usual he doesn't like. "Give it to me," he says to me with a mad undertone. I slowly put my hand in his again, which immediately makes me feel good again. "My grandmother is very particular and wants you to do everything by the rule. If one breaks the rule, it gets very messy, so please my darling, don't let her get anywhere near you." Oh God, what have I gotten myself into here? "W-won't you be there?" he moves closer to me and pulls me into his strong arms, placing his lips on my neck. "Of course I'll be there. Only there are some business issues that I will discuss with my father. Still, I won't leave your side," I alternately look into his eyes and at his lips. I nod, as a sign that I agree. We are getting closer and closer "TOM!" someone yelled and came into the living room, annoyed Tom turns around and sees that it is Harrison who is yelling here too. "What is it?!" asks Tom annoyed as I turn back to the TV a little embarrassed and continue watching my movie. "We found out something. You really need to see this," Harrison explains stressed. I hear Tom exhale loudly and then turn back to me. "I'll see you later princess. You should start getting ready too, we have to leave soon," he gave me a quick kiss and gets up from the couch. Now I'm sitting on the couch alone again, worrying. What if Tom's family doesn't like me, especially his grandmother.

______

I stand in front of the closet and try to find any dress that fits for the evening, but I can't find one. Most are just too revealing for such an evening. I later decided on a black skirt with a long-sleeved top, where the sleeves are a little wider down. I finally found an outfit, but the worse problem is hair and makeup. In the past I never had to do that, respectively I didn't have the money to buy any real make-up. Desperately I sat in front of the make-up table and didn't know what to do. There was a knock at the door "Yes?", I said loudly and Ilayda came out. She is wearing a tight fitting dress. She looks so much more beautiful unlike me. "Hey. I thought you could use some help," smiling slightly I nod at her. The sound of her heels clacking comes closer to me. She stands behind me and has her hands on my shoulders "You look beautiful" she grabs the hairbrush and combs my hair. It is silent between the two of us, because no one dares to say anything. After an hour, she has done my makeup and hair. "Th-thank you," I smile shyly at her, but what I didn't expect is that she hugs me.

"It's no problem. You look beautiful and please stop comparing those to others. Tom loves you just the way you are," she holds out her hand for me to stand up, which I gratefully accepted. "You're sure you can walk in those shoes?", I have to laugh a little myself, since I haven't gotten comfortable with those heels yet. "I'll do my best," we both start laughing and then walk out of the room. Slowly I walk down the stairs and I already see him. Tom. He is more than just beautiful. I never thought I could have strong feelings for someone. When he saw Ilayda, he smiles briefly, which made my heart bleed. I can't blame him for looking at her like that. She is a natural beauty, unlike me. She goes to him and hugs him, he even gave her a kiss on the temple. Slowly tears gathered on my face and I had to pull myself together not to let them flow down my cheek. I look down at my hands to keep from seeing it, but I feel his hand on my chin. He lifts my chin slightly so that I can look him straight in the eye. "You are beautiful," he says softly but audibly, but I could not avoid a tear leaving my eye.