epilogue

—The day following the ball was a catastrophe.

  Esther linked the siblings together in order to destroy them. Finn paid for it with his blood. He only wanted to be with his love, and he had always despised what they had become.

  The doppelganger and her friends were also involved in the plot, as she gave Esther her blood.

  The brothers, excluding Finn, took care of the Salvatore brothers, putting Elena's life in jeopardy.

  They put Rebekah in charge of guarding Elena in a tomb. Rebekah despised the doppelganger after she stabbed her in the back while assisting them in the murder of her own brother by manipulating her.

  To Julie's disappointment, Elijah insisted her stay back. He didn't want anything to happen to her. She repeated the same thing, but he assured her that if he was with his brothers, he would be OK.

  A Bennett witch had to die to stop their mother, which the Salvatore boys were forced to perform.

  After all was said and done, Elijah returned home, feeling terrible about what their mother had said about him.

  Klaus and Kol had gone to see some acquaintances while Rebekah stayed with him at home.

  Izel, Finn's lover, was only brought back from the dead for a brief time, and by the time midnight rolled around, she was already gone.

  He remembered what he'd done to everyone. About how he made himself known all noblw but doesn't act like it. When he told Rebekah about it, she said it didn't matter because he'd done it for his family.

  Elijah eventually came to the conclusion that he was unworthy of anything. Not worthy of being referred to as the noble original, the good brother, and certainly not worthy of Julie.

  Julie, his pure, innocent, and beautiful Julie. He shouldn't have gotten together with her in the first place, and she could be happier if she didn't have to worry about what an enemy might do to her.

  Julie went to his room to wait after hearing all of this.

  He expected her to depart when he finally entered. She, on the other hand, did not.

  She informed him that she adored him in every way. His finest and worst moments. Everything about him was fascinating. She told him he didn't have to feel bad about it because he always ends up serving the one who he believes is correct. Sure, he made some mistakes, but everyone does. They can't stop it, no matter how hard they try.

  He couldn't believe this wonderful creature, this delightful being was his wife. She made him feel like he could accomplish anything and everything whenever he was around her, and she made everything seem so simple. She made it simple to love him.

  "But would you be able to love this much red?" Elijah questioned, his eyes wet.

  Julie said, "I'd paint the whole room red simply to love you."

  They decided to leave and return to New York, where Elijah had always wished to live a simple life.

  But when it comes to the Mikaelsons, nothing is ever straightforward—