Prologue

Sixteen-year-old Mary Campbell had been in labor for the past three hours, she had been awakened in the middle of the night by painful contractions. She barely managed to call her boyfriend John and let him know what was happening. Now here she was three hours later in a hospital room, the nurse present was trying her best to keep Mary calm. But the teenager couldn't remain calm since her water was breaking.

"Ms. Campbell you have to hold your breath," The nurse said to her. Mary didn't respond since she wanted the pain to be over, but she did as she was told and an ear-piercing scream filled the room. The pain was gone and Mary thought she could relax since the process was over. "It's a boy," the nurse said to her. Mary wanted to hold her son since her father was making her give him up for adoption, he hadn't approved of how she got pregnant in high school with a guy he disliked.

"He's so cute," Mary panted. She was ready to get up when another pain burst through her body, at first she thought it was just leftover contractions but when they kept going she realized she was wrong. "Oh god," she managed to say to herself before she screamed again. There hadn't been any mention of a second baby, so she hadn't planned to have twins. Mary cried due to having to repeat the painful process a second time and she was only able to stop when she heard a second baby's cry. Mary layed back to recover from the pain and prayed that there wasn't a third child to deliver.

"We hadn't detected twins in your ultrasound Ms. Campbell but it appears you have delivered two healthy boys," the nurse exclaimed. The twins seemed to relax a bit when they were held close together but got fussy when the other got pulled away. "I'll have to get them cleaned up and do a few tests on them, what are you going to name them?" She asked.

"Sam and Dean," Mary responded. As much as dreaded what was about to happen she didn't try to get up once her sons were carried away. Her parents refused to support her once they learned she was pregnant, and since neither her nor John were working they both had to sign papers that removed their status as the twin's parents. She cried after the pain was over as she wished she could have her babies with her for longer, but they were already gone. If she was lucky maybe she would run into them when they were adults.