Chapter Eight

Percy's Pov

The trio walk out of the bathroom, and I finally come out of the stall. I wait a few minutes and then get out. The quidditch game was about to begin and everyone was out on in the training grounds. I'm walking towards my dorm when suddenly I hear someone calling my name.

"Jackson!" I look back and see the blond guy walking up to me, his friends following behind him.

"I don't think we have met. I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. And this are my friends, Blaise, Marcus, Chloe, Adrian and Evan." He says, pointing at everyone.

"We were wondering if you'd like to sit with us to watch the game, if you don't have anything else to do" Chloe added. I think about it for a second, but I didn't have anything else to do except for staring at the ceiling with no thoughts.

"Yeah sure" I say.

We head towards the quidditch stands and sit down. The game already started, and people are shouting and screaming, Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players, three chasers, two beaters, one keeper and a seeker. About twenty minutes later, Harry catches the seeker and Gryffindor wins.

"Well, that's a surprise, couldn't see that happening in a million years." Blaise says sarcastically.

"Shut up, now we have to hear him talk about how amazing he was at the game all week long" Chloe laughs.

The next day

Today everyone was nervous because of Snape's exam on potions. Students have been studying all week not sleeping a blink. I on the other hand, haven't even opened the book.

I'm in Snapes classroom waiting for him, everyone is chattering, sitting near the steaming cauldrons. When suddenly the door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... in death" Snape says as the exams fly to everyone's desks.

About five (ish) minutes later, we start the exam and I'm stuck in the last question, the sound of the quills hitting the paper was distracting me.

I look at Hermione and notice her writing with the pen I gave her and smile to myself.

"Is something funny Mr. Jackson?" Snape scolded. I look back at my paper, 'what would you get if you added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?' I circle in 'Draught of Living Death'

"I said, is something funny Mr. Jackson?" Snape repeated.

"No" I answer.

He stands up from his seat and walks towards me, I do my best not to roll my eyes at him. Now the sound of the quills hitting the paper stopped and everyone was looking at me.

Snape takes away my test, "Detention Mr. Jackson, please get out of my classroom" Snape orders. I get out of my seat and exit the classroom, as angry as I am with him, I decide just to let it go.

My next class is flying and there's no way in Hades I'm going to get up in a broom and fly around like a bird so Zeus can blast me out of the sky with a lightning bolt. So I'm going to skip it (like I always do) and head towards Hagrid's hut instead.

I walk towards the hut and knock on the door. "It's open!" Hagrid screams from inside. Hagrid's hut is a small wooden house on the edge of the forbidden forest made out of wood and rocks. The inside is small but cozy, with all types of stuff hanging from the walls. I open the door and see Hagrid grabbing something from the fireplace. He looks back and smiles. "Oh hello Percy, what can I do for ya?" he says.