-88-

The nights had become longer and the days became warmer as summer rolled around.

One summer morning, the Marauders were sat in the Great Hall for breakfast. Asteria was sat beside James, enjoying her breakfast as she listened in to him talking about the Quidditch game that day against Ravenclaw.

But as Asteria heard him talk more about the game, she was remind of his accident a bit ago and began to shake her leg which James noticed. He then placed his hand on her thigh and squeezed it gently for reassurance.

She glanced up and looked into his hazel eyes which made her feel slightly better. James then turned back to Sirius. "We will crush those Ravenclaws." He announced.

"Just don't get knocked out this time Prongs." Sirius laughed, a smirk on his face. "Please don't." He heard Asteria mutter beside him. "I'll be fine." He whispered in her ear softly as he pressed a kiss against her cheek, his warm breath sending shivers down her spin.

"This will be the game that lets us win the Quidditch cup!" James announced, turning back to Sirius who somehow had orange juice coming from his nose.

-☘︎-

Asteria later stood outside of the changing room with the Marauders, waiting for James to get ready to wish him luck before the game. She could feel herself anxiously pinching her hand as she waited, but she tried to tell herself that he would be fine.

The door then opened and the Gryffindor team in their red uniform walked out of the changing room, brooms in hand. James was the last to walk out and before quickly encouraging his team he went over to Asteria.

"How's my favourite captain going?" She asked with a smirk as he lifted her arms up so their were wrapped around his neck. "Much better now." He replied as he kissed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Wish me luck," James smirked but she didn't reply and only sighed. "Here," Asteria looked up to see him give her his quidditch jersey. It had his name on the back as well as his number. "Just so I can spot you out in the crowd." James whispered before kissing her cheek.

He then hurried off to his team before they began to walk up to the pitch. Sirius suddenly grabbed her hand and began to drag her up to the stands. "Quick! We need to get a good view!"

Asteria stood at the front of the stands, gripping onto the railing as Madam Hooch blew her whistle and all the players flew up into the air so quickly that they were a blur.

And as the game went on, she realised that she was worried over nothing. James had scored so many goals that there was no way Ravenclaw could beat them.

The crowd roared as James threw his hands up in celebration. But a bludger decided to cut his celebration short and hit him. He was just able to hold on tight enough so that he didn't fall and now he was hanging upside down from his broomstick.

Asteria took short intakes of breath as she grabbed onto the railing so hard that she got splinters in her palm. However James was able to pull himself back up which made Asteria let out a sigh of relief.

He then flashed her a comforting smile before continuing to play, scoring so many goals that the Ravenclaws had just excepted their fate. Not even the snitch could save them now.

Asteria continued to watch the game with anticipation until the Gryffindor seeker caught the snitch, sending the red crowd shouting loudly and the blue crowd hanging their heads down low.

The Hufflepuff pushed through all the other students to get down from the stands. She was able to catch James as he was about to go into the changing room. "James!" He turned around to see her running at him.

She jumped up and wrapped her legs around him, smashing her lips against his. His arms held her up, resting under her legs as he kissed her back. "Can you guys get a room?" They looked over to see the rest of the Gryffindor team staring at them with disgust.

They both chuckle as he put her down onto the grass. "I'll wait out here for you." She told him before he kissed her temple and walked into the changing room.