Chapter 1 - Evelyn

"Come on Evie! Please? For me?" Megan pleads on the other end of the phone.

"Why me? I'm not an actress." I huff back.

"A lot of the part is just looking mean and riding a horse, both of which you excel at. Would I ever steer you wrong? Besides consider it your chance to finally see England in person. That's been your dream for like, forever!"

"It's filming in England?" I waver, my interest peeked, "When do I have to decide by?"

"That's the thing, you'd need to leave by this afternoon to not delay filming. There's a flight at 4pm."

I look down at my watch and scoff, rolling my eyes at her for good measure.

"That's in less than four hours from now. I'm not packed, I'm not even sure where my passport is. Besides Kara has never flown that far."

"Oh please! Your passport is more than likely in your lockbox behind the fake books where it always is, and I know it's not expired because we got them together and mine's fine. As for Kara, she's flown several times and will be fine. You'll both be fine. Don't make me beg, you know I will."

"Fine but you so owe me sister. What movie even is it I'll be in?"

"I can't tell you that until you get here. I signed an N.D.A. and though they allowed me to ask you to cover for me they don't want me to tell you any details until you sign one too but I promise you're going to love it. It's right up your alley!"

"You can't or you won't?" I ask skeptically.

"Can't. Come one Evie! It's England..." She trails off, doing a little happy dance for me.

"Fine. Can you book the flight for me so I can just get my stuff together?"

"I already did. I'll text you the information. I cannot wait until you're here! This is going to be so awesome!"

Megan hangs up and I pinch the bridge of my nose, the beginnings of a headache already forming. Kara, sensing the change in my emotions comes over and nuzzles her wet nose under my free hand. I smile as I look down at her, scratching her silky ears, sighing deeply.

"Looks like we're headed to England girl."

It didn't take me long to pack and before I really had time to think too much about what I was doing I was disembarking in London. Megan was waiting for me and judging by the huge smirk on her face as she saw me I knew she was up to something, she usually was, and the anxiety I'd managed to evade during the flight started peeking it's head out.

She hugs me as best she can without dropping her crutches as we reach her and I hug her back.

"How was your flight?" She inquires as we separate.

"It was alright. I'm tired though. How long until we get to wherever you can't tell me we're going?" I grumble.

"Oh stop complaining Evie, you're finally in England! You should be smiling not scowling at me. Did Kara do ok? No problems or anything during the flight?"

"Everything was great actually, not really looking forward to the return trip whenever that's going to be though. When is that going to be?"

"They're hoping to wrap filming in June, which will hopefully mean we can spend your birthday doing some exploring."

I can't help but smile at that. I've wanted to come to England since I'd seen Winning London in 2001. I'd devoured everything our school library had on England after that and it's a research project I'd tended since. It felt surreal to actually be here now, in a good way though.