FIFTEEN

K Tech's proposal, MafiA perspective

     Alice sat at her desk, her head in her hands, as she desperately tried to think of a course of action, and MafiA's next move. Over a few ways, Lia was frantically typing away at her keyboard, in hopes of locating Yuki's whereabouts. At another end of the room, Eleyne sat behind a bunch of pieces, multiple chips each representing its own thing. Her full attention given to the board in front of her, she muttered to herself like a madman as she predicted various options and possibilities concerning MafiA's next course of action. Dawn and Krystal were at the end of the room, lightly sparring with each other, as each were lost in their own train of thought.

    A sudden disturbance by Lia's desk brought everyone's attention, and each turned their heads to witness a startled Lia, who had abruptly stood up from her desk. "Hey guys... I think I'm getting a direct line from K Tech!" From Lia, everyone's head swiveled in unison towards the huge, center main screen that took up a vast majority of the wall, where Lia had begun to present her screen, displaying the K Tech and AG group logos.

     K Tech spoke first, its logo illuminating the dark room. "Greetings MafiA, AG. I am the Leader of K Tech, though you may also know me as the Puppeteer. I have contacted you all today to discuss some very pressing matters. I'm positive you all would be interested in what I have to say, no?" The voice paused, letting the question hang briefly in tense silence, before continuing. "As I'm sure you all know, we're in quite the predicament, don't you agree? After all, I've got MafiA's infamous Codebreaker in my grasp... As for Shadow Fang, you old geezer, as AG's leader, I'm sure you're just itching to resolve some past, unfinished business between our groups, right?" Alice began to clench her fists tightly, frustration seeping through her calm demeanour, her thoughts tainted with fury. He always had something up his sleeve... what could he possibly want this time? "As the admin of the Black Market, I am under the impression that you both know that I'm well aware of MafiA's recent 'raid'. All the more reason to seek vengeance, right Shadow Fang?"

     A snarling, angered voice replied. "So what of it, Puppeteer? What are you after?" Alice could almost see the smile spreading on the Puppeteer's face as he spoke his next lines, and narrowed her eyes in anticipation. "Why, I'm so glad you asked! You see, it appears we all have some conflicts piled up against each other.. So why not settle it once and for all? I am formally proposing a three way war." In MafiA's headquarters, everyone's eyes widened in surprise, save for Alice and Eleyne, who had been predicting such an outcome. Alice, who had been trying to remain professional in such matters, was not able to mask her annoyance as she replied in a cold tone. "And what about you? What can you gain from all of this?" She heard the Puppeteer chuckle in amusement, and she reacted with a frown. "Why, it's all for entertainment. What more can I ask for? Besides, once I win this war, it will simply place K Tech at the top of the Underground." Shadow Fang growled out his response, anger and poison lacing his words. "I don't know what you're planning, but I'll have you know one thing. This time around, I'm going to beat you at your own game." "Hmm? Is that so? I would genuinely like to see you try." The Puppeteer paused, his continued amusement still clearly evident.

     "And what about you, Poker Princess? What sort of bet will you be offering me this time?" Alice scoffed in distaste, despising the fact that he called her out. "You never do fail to amuse me, Puppeteer. While I hate playing your little games, I'm sure you already know my answer to your question, being the way you are." She had better not regret her decision later on. Unfortunately, there was only one thing she could do, and it was already too late to go back on it. "Of course I'm going all in." Once again, everyone turned their heads, this time to stare at her, unprecedented situations arising from every which way. The Puppeteer began to laugh loudly, clearly pleased with the way things were taking place. "Well then, if that's the case, let the games begin."

     As the main goal of the group call appeared to have been reached, Lia was just about to log off, when she halted, everyone hearing a voice and a series of loud noises. "Boss! I'm here! I'm fine, so don't worry abo-" Suddenly the call ended, cutting off the last part of Yuki's sentence. Alice, a satisfied expression forming delicately, turned to face everyone with a smile on her face. "Well, it seems our Codebreaker is faring well." Eleyne sighed, but wore a matching expression. "I guess this is definitely something we can work with." Everyone smiled, glad that Yuki was alive; for the time being of course. "All we gotta do now is save her," said Krystal, already anticipating a battle. Affected by the onslaught of positive prospects, Alice happily exclaimed, "Yeah, you're right. Let's start the new operation: Save Yuki!" To this, Lia added her two cents. "Yeah, we can do this!" Off to the side, Dawn was observing her friends and their quiet celebration, her ever sharp mind contemplating and doubting this turn of events. "I really hope this isn't some sort of trap," She muttered under her breath. "Then again, it's not as if we have much of a choice anyways." With that, the core members of MafiA began to prepare for one of the biggest schemes they've ever faced.