7 Years before...

Silver
Age:13

Chapter 1

I gazed outside the car window, my headphones on listen to my latest fix of music Maroon 5. My head back against the seat in bliss as the lyrics washed over me. Suddenly the car screeched to a stop,I took off the device still hearing the soothing lyrics pound through the supergirl brand headphones. "Why did we stop?" I asked my new step-father, oh joy. "Something's blocking the road" he stated quietly trying not to wake the pregnant bear A.K.A my mother. "I'm just going to try to move it ... do you want to maybe help... I know I'm not-" I cut him off "yeah, you do that" and shoved my headphones back on to my head exasperatingly rolling my eyes as the beat to one if my favorite bands , no Hannah Montana for this girl. Just as I was really getting into the beat something moved outside the window. A normal 13 year old would think of a logical explanation to sooth their paranoia. Not me, my mind consisted of things such as vampires, Fae and werewolf's. Fae, meaning fair folk, for those of you who don't know that would mean a dark kind of fairies to be honest in don't think their were ever such thing as good Fae they are immortal naturally as almost every bump in the night creature. Another rustle sounded as Fall Out Boys "Sugar we're Going Down" started. I climbed out of the car, leaving my bundle of nerves in there just as a shut the door a shadow engulfed my vision "Finally" It breathed "You took the bait and came out of that metal contraption" I stared up at ... him confused and scared out of my MIND. he decided to take pity on me and explain that confusing statement. "I knew could resist finding out what is potentially a threat to you and you're mother and if you did what was expected and listening to the instinct telling you to protect you're mother from what you deem as a threat I could take you" he smiled wickedly continuing " because this would prove you are mature enough to be token as my intended". My brain stopped at that. "Oh no" he laughed amused, well I'm glad he found this cluster fuck amusing. "Now now" he tutted me "that is no way for my future queen to think" my mind raced in astonishment he could read my freakin MIND.
"You see,I am expected to fight in our kingdoms war meaning I will be leaving you with my trusty house keeper and with a range of activities giving you attributes as a fit queen" he stopped, looking at me " I will allow you to choose 3 of these, so in the 7 years I will be gone you have a range of thing to keep you occupied". He grabbed my shaking hands I blinked, then stood back taking in the grand hall before me. "This is the hall of our castle" he stepped in front of me once again."Now, I will be leaving shortly but, before I go I give you this" he held out a ruby amulet. Me,still reeling over the shock of never seeing my mother again, didn't take it forcing him to tie it around my neck. "There, now listen closely" he stared intently at me "When ever you are in EXTREME danger kiss the pendent and I will be there and when you just need company rub it thrice making me see in your eyes for a time, so I will know what you are feeling and if you are safe but mostly for you're comfort" he stopped and rang the bell near the champagne tables around the ball room " I must go now my sweet queen, but know that we will see each other on you're twentieth birthday" he kissed my forehead and walked to the enormously grand wooden doors. It was then I found my voice. "Will I ever see my family again?" Even I could hear how broken my voice was, he stopped but didn't turn " I will give you the option of seeing them for two days a month until you're fifteenth year that is all I am willing to bend on in the matter" I sigh in relief at the chance to see my mother again, my relief was short lived as he wasn't finished "but... after your fifteenth year you will no longer be able to have any contact" my body tensed again my mind, putting up walls of steel once again.He walked once again toward that glossed cherry hue. "Wait" I called out "Please tell me your name..." my anticipation ate away at me as the seconds ticked by still thinking of the drastic escape I was planning. "Lucas" it was just a whisper but it was enough. And that black cape swished out of the ball room my mind still replayed that powerful name that I'm sure no one else knew "Lucas"...