04:00

Winter has finally arrived. Kids on the streets created lopsided snowpeople that looked nowhere near like Olaf or Frosty. Dogs ran through the snow, their little pawprints forming crossroads for the birds and squirrels going in and out of their barren trees. Couples hurdled in groups wearing matching sets of coats and scarves, enamored by the lightshow stretching as far as my eyes could see.

Everything was beautiful, yes, but damn do I hate the cold—

"ACHOIOIOI!"

was...was that a sneeze?

I turned my head, brows knitted together. "B-bless...you?"

Listen. As goodlooking as this woman was, and damn does she look good, no one in their right minds should be wearing a grey mini dress, trench coat, cap and pair of Doc Martens in the middle of. . . 40°F/ 4°C weather.

cute—but huh?

The girl stopped for a moment. Shook by how loud it sounded, or the fact someone (aka me) actually witnessed her sneezing so loud like that.

I'd say both.

"T-thanks...", she wrapped the coat tighter around her, shivering a bit. "Winter isn't really...my favorite" There was a faint smile on her lips. Cheeks red from the cold.

I tried to smile back, really, I did. But the cold had me by the nerves, struggling even to form a smile.

One second went by.

Then two.

Until I ultimately gave up and laughed. She furrowed her brows but couldn't help laughing as well.

"Hurts, doesn't it?", she chuckled sweetly. And it was all it took for me to crack a smile, hurt or not.

• • [♣] • •

"You've been naughty this year", Seulgi took a seat at the bar, mischievous eyes watching my every move. I glanced up, amused by the whole Santa getup; white beard, matching red hat and suit. Oh and, of course, the cigar hanging from her lips. "But, Santa Seulgi forgives you"

An envelope slid my way. A lil thin, but it's the thought that counts.

"You really didn't have to", I smiled while opening the card, surprised to see money. "Wow—I...thank you so much, Seul"

She shrugged with a shy smile. "Don't sweat it"

I actually did buy Seulgi a gift, this PS4 game she's been wanting for awhile, but I wasn't expecting anything in return. Maybe this year and everything we've been through together had something to do with it. No complaints on my end.

"DRINKS ON MEEEEE! LESGETITTT", Jennie, our boss and the club's miraculous owner, drunkenly pulled Seulgi from her seat, all without spilling drink everywhere. "Seu-seu, this eggnog good. Drink up!"  

By eggnog, she means brandy spiced eggnog.

Santa Seulgi took a sip, nodding 'fucking delicious', before being dragged into a dark abyss of drunk customers and co-workers dancing in the middle of the floor together.

Tonight's theme was a 'Winter Wonderland', but nothing winter-like was being played. It honestly felt more like Throwback Thursday Night, except now with strung lights, ribbon wreaths and fake snow everywhere.

♫ You tryin', admit it
But you just can't fight the feeling inside
You know it
'Cause I can see it in your eyes
You want me ♫

"LESGETTITT!", DJ Double B had his hands in the air, waving them side to side. Everyone followed along, even me, waving our hands high in the air to the beat.

♫ I said Ciara's on your radio
Everybody turn it up
Spicy just like hot sauce ♫

It wasn't until a customer sat in front of me, face hidden under the cap, that I realized I was caught up in the music.

I blinked fast, apology ready on my lips. "A-ah! I'm so sor—"

"Hey there, stranger"

The girl from earlier?

so she was all dolled up for this? who would've thought..., I repeatedly closed and opened my mouth because words.exe not found when she smiled at me, head tilted to one side.

I cleared my throat. "H-hi. What can I start you with?"

She shrugged, leaning over the counter, one hand propped under her chin "Surprise me"

is this really the same person I heard out there sneezing like she's been waiting for it her entire life?

Removing those ridiculous thoughts, I laughed and took out the usual. 2oz jigger and a sparkly clean glass. My finger quietly tapped the rim of it. 

"How's a Mai Tai sound?"

Something quick skated across in her gaze.   

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. People like her will always remind me why I love what I do.

"I'm down for whatever..."

{Ppfft-  I really updated a day before christmas. Hilarious. Anyways, cheers to a new year, 2022 sounds a lil scary but nothing is scarier than letting another year slip through your pretty fingers. So don't let it slip. Grab it by the moment and seize whatever you can. It's your life...so make it very, fucking special. ahuh, yUh}