Ready for Action

*20 BBY, Zygerria*

The night was spent working out the kinks in the plan. We had the credits ready, the script planned. We were going to buy Detta's family, go to 'inspect' them, and call the rest of the Runaways to come get us. They pick us up, and we run away. As simple as the plan is, there were many ways that it could fail. Detta's anxiety was palpable. It seemed to surround her. She sits, staring into space, shaking. She isn't cold, she's just nervous, and rightfully so.

"We should try to get some sleep." I offered. We all needed it.

"Good idea." Detta sighed, rolling onto the bed. I motioned Ranahan to shut off the lights. We could soon hear Detta's soft snoring as she slept. I made my way to a random chair and curled up in it.

"Goodnight."

***

Morning wasn't long after we dozed off. The package the Queen promised was on the floor. It seemed to me that the auction was before the dance.

"It makes me sad that I won't get to dance in this dress." Detta mumbled. "The auction is in an hour. Look your best. We all nodded, and began to pack things up and fix our hair and outfits. I think Detta found out about my shoulder tattoo. It was Crack-up's idea and design. Sharp lines cut thick and thin swirled in no particular pattern. I had to be cautious of that. Detta's eyes met mine. My stomach flipped. She was so beautiful. That's not my mission. I shook myself out of it. We have a family to save.